Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

DAK Camouflage Gasmask Canister

Article about: After another long 3 month wait my second German gasmask canister I bought arrived. It came from the same gentleman I got my previous one from, as seen here: http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/fi

Default DAK Camouflage Gasmask Canister

After another long 3 month wait my second German gasmask canister I bought arrived. It came from the same gentleman I got my previous one from, as seen here:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/field...-named-305138/

It had heaps of potential from the pics I had seen but its even better once I got it in hand. The colour is very vivid, with a real deep orange tan that you tend to see on the genuine DAK items. On lifting the latch you can see the fading of the colour around the area under the latch, which is a great sign. Its still very solid and in a great condition for its age and most certainly an item that did not sit out the war. About 60% colour left on the outside with some original green peaking through. Its still has its inner ring, I just need a gas mask to fit inside the can now. The spare lens lid has some tan paint left on the bottom corner and nicely marked 1938.

I have since added the genuine straps, with thanks to MP44tom for supplying them to me. I am over the moon to have this one and am now on the look out for more DAK/Tropical items. I think I will be putting my KM M40 helmet for for sale/trade to get a DAK lid if I can.

What do you think guys?

Cheers
    Jason
    DAK Camouflage Gasmask CanisterDAK Camouflage Gasmask CanisterDAK Camouflage Gasmask CanisterDAK Camouflage Gasmask CanisterDAK Camouflage Gasmask CanisterDAK Camouflage Gasmask CanisterDAK Camouflage Gasmask CanisterDAK Camouflage Gasmask CanisterDAK Camouflage Gasmask CanisterDAK Camouflage Gasmask CanisterDAK Camouflage Gasmask CanisterDAK Camouflage Gasmask CanisterDAK Camouflage Gasmask CanisterDAK Camouflage Gasmask Canister

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DAK Camouflage Gasmask Canister
    P
    Many

Congrats Jase, I know you've been waiting a long time for this thing to roll up and it looks like it has been worth the wait! Looking forward to seeing your updated afrika korps collection mate, the way you display your items I'm sure it will look great! Hopefully your other goodies will turn up shortly!

Thanks Dave,

Yeah this was one where the wait was killing me, worth it though I reckon. I am still working on the shelf as I dont have all that much DAK/Tropical stuff yet and I just cant get the feel right yet, so I havent posted a pick. Might have to go and play with it now!

Jason

4md
    ?

Nice one Jason, great to see your tropical collection growing good luck with that DAK lid

regards Paul

a rare thing.

3 month wait Jason, where was this beauty coming from ?
    Morris

Another beauty Jason :-)
    Cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Thanks gents! This one came out of Poland, in an effort to keep my price down the seller put it on a ship and sent it over. I tell you I was more than happy to pay the extra for airmail but it didn't pan out that way. Least it got here in the end.

Now to find the rest of the part to go with it, which will take alittle longer than I would like as I lost my job earlier this year and am now working somewhere else, in a different field, hence my lack of posts lately. Still once the money situation levels out I will slowly start again

Jason

I have definatly decided to sell/trade my KM SD M40 Helmet in the search for another DAK piece. Does anyone collect DAK items or have anything helmet wise to trade?

Jason