Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Deutche Reichsbahn pipe cleaner

Article about: I would love to have one if you know where more are or are interested in parting with it. thanks

Default Re: Deutche Reichsbahn pipe cleaner

I would love to have one if you know where more are or are interested in parting with it.
    thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Deutche Reichsbahn pipe cleaner
    P
    Many

I cant see why the DR would have an item like this with their marking on it,,,would they have DR marked cigar nippers too??...i think not...i think this piece is bogus,,,

I have purchased similarly marked pipe tools. One SS marked one came right out of a sealed box from the war period. I think they are legitimate. But why make them marked as such? Who knows? Little presents from administrators? Morale boosters for troops? They could have been made by stores to appeal to different branches of service. Lots of stuff was made like that in the states including lighters. So it does make sense that some German entrepreneur would attempt the same. NH

Quote by Neil Hever View Post
    I have purchased similarly marked pipe tools. One SS marked one came right out of a sealed box from the war period. I think they are legitimate. But why make them marked as such? Who knows? Little presents from administrators? Morale boosters for troops? They could have been made by stores to appeal to different branches of service. Lots of stuff was made like that in the states including lighters. So it does make sense that some German entrepreneur would attempt the same. NH
    Hi Neil,
    your post makes a lot of sense but regulations were strict during the Good Ole Dritte Reich and furthermore it's not as cleanly stamped as a store piece would be!IMO this piece is a fake,and poorly stamped to boot!That's my opinion anyway...and I could be wrong,of course!
    Cheers
    Manny

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2