Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Deutsch Gasmaske 'Volksgasmaske'

Article about: Hello forum, These are for sale in Australia. I am looking for a Wehrmacht mask to accompany a canister. Being so new to German items I cannot tell if these are original items or modern. The

Default Deutsch Gasmaske 'Volksgasmaske'

Hello forum,

These are for sale in Australia.

I am looking for a Wehrmacht mask to accompany a canister. Being so new to German items I cannot tell if these are original items or modern. The boxed mask is accompanied by a document labeled 'Volksgasmaske' so if it is an original item I would guess not a military issue mask? I know it's not the most accurate of observations, but the other mask looks quite 'new' for a WWII era made item. I'm thinking due to their similarities, these are both the same style of mask, whether civilian issue or perhaps both are modern made. Any feedback on these items would be much appreciated. Apologies for the small photos.

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Deutsch Gasmaske 'Volksgasmaske'   Deutsch Gasmaske 'Volksgasmaske'  

Deutsch Gasmaske 'Volksgasmaske'   Deutsch Gasmaske 'Volksgasmaske'  

Deutsch Gasmaske 'Volksgasmaske'  
    Attached Images Attached Images Deutsch Gasmaske 'Volksgasmaske' 
    Last edited by christek; 09-21-2015 at 12:41 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Deutsch Gasmaske 'Volksgasmaske'
    P
    Many

This is a Home Front issue mask for civilians.

The top one looks fine.

The one in darker green rubber I am unsure about? I am not a collector of these. Others will advise you.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

the lower is an israeli modern mask if im not mistaken

"edit never mind i think its legit found several with that both look and color, its simply that the way he held it made me think of an israeli

Quote by DS pzkpfwIII View Post
    the lower is an israeli modern mask if im not mistaken
    I have uploaded the two other pics of the second mask and it really looks similar to the first one in better light.

Edit - I see you already worked this out!

Hi Chris, thanks for the extra pics. No concerns now.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by christek View Post
    Hello forum,

These are for sale in Australia.

I am looking for a Wehrmacht mask to accompany a canister. Being so new to German items I cannot tell if these are original items or modern. The boxed mask is accompanied by a document labeled 'Volksgasmaske' so if it is an original item I would guess not a military issue mask? I know it's not the most accurate of observations, but the other mask looks quite 'new' for a WWII era made item. I'm thinking due to their similarities, these are both the same style of mask, whether civilian issue or perhaps both are modern made. Any feedback on these items would be much appreciated. Apologies for the small photos.

As already said these are civilian masks and would not fit the standard Wehrmacht issue canister. Examples of the cans that they would go in can be seen on the link below

http://www.gasmasklexikon.com/Page/G...Luftschutz.htm