Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Die Rückentrage/Backpack cable reel

Article about: I have not come across one with a stamped frame, normally its just the aluminium tag that coded dated etc,

Default Die Rückentrage/Backpack cable reel

I just picked up this backpack cable reel device. The frame was painted (rather poorly) with grey latex paint. Underneath is a pale green color that I associate with Norwegian re-issues. I'm not sure if the frame is WWII period
    or not. It looks like the manufacturer plate was deliberately defaced. Parts are marked 29 and 39 in several places but no Waffenamts yet. Where should I look? The reciprocating device is clearly marked in two places and have the Waffenamt stamp. It looks to be put together from parts. Any help on identifying individual components would be appreciated. It was a gift so I have no money into it. NH

Die Rückentrage/Backpack cable reelDie Rückentrage/Backpack cable reelDie Rückentrage/Backpack cable reelDie Rückentrage/Backpack cable reelDie Rückentrage/Backpack cable reelDie Rückentrage/Backpack cable reel

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Die Rückentrage/Backpack cable reel
    P
    Many

that must be rare.

Not rare - but hard to get intact. NH

Hi Neil,

Difficult to tell....

Bundeswehr also used these, and these are identical in construction.... originals all have WaA stamps in the frames..... (at least the ones I saw)

Frame and webbing bag look BW to me

Tom

Tom, thanks for the feedback. I am guessing this frame had post war use either in Norway or with the BW. The clean up continues and I will look for additional markings. NH

Tom, Where did you see the WaA markings on the reel frame? NH

Hi,
    You should see the makers mark and date as well as waffenampt on the outer "wheel" of the drum, its been some time since I looked to be exactly sure but they are normally marked there on one side or the other.

?

The stamp can be seen in one of the pics, second to last one.
    Waa737?
    Csd

Visor, Thanks. But I already know the components are WaA marked. The reciprocating screw and device are marked csd (Dürkoppwerke AG Bielefeld) and bym (Genossehschafts-Maschinenhaus der Büchsenmacher Ferlach) with WaA markings on both. I was looking for something on the frame itself. The latches are numbered but I cannot find a WaA mark. The manufacturer's label has been defaced and is not legible. NH

?

Looks like a very nice piece.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast