Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Dienstglas 7x56 binoculars

Article about: Just picked up first pair of binoculars, any info would be a great help. was thinking maybe Kriegsmarine as has tinted / coated lenses and the letter M stamped with the eagle on the bottom o

?

Default Dienstglas 7x56 binoculars

Just picked up first pair of binoculars, any info would be a great help. was thinking maybe Kriegsmarine as has tinted / coated lenses and the letter M stamped with the eagle on the bottom of the case.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dienstglas 7x56 binoculars   Dienstglas 7x56 binoculars  

Dienstglas 7x56 binoculars   Dienstglas 7x56 binoculars  

Dienstglas 7x56 binoculars  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dienstglas 7x56 binoculars
    P
    Many

These are most unusual,some collectors believe that the coating was done after the war others believe that they were indeed coated during the war and were indeed given to the kriegsmarine,there are no definitive photos of these being used by the german navy, so I suppose until someone does come up with such or documents to prove it, its down to speculation,nice set though,they look as though they have been recovered at some stage,but hensoldt did make a nice bino

?

Do you know if the Eagle stamped on the bottom of the case is for Kriegsmarine .

In all honesty I never seen a hensoldt case marked like that,but as I said that doesn't mean it's not right,over the years ( I have been collecting ww2 optics for many years) I have had a fair few of these through my hands and I have yet to see a case marked like that,they are though still a nice set of ww2 German binos with a nice original case ( the markings in the lid are 100% right)

?

T

?

Thanks for taking the time to reply, I was thinking of having them restored due to their poor condition, optically they are fine, and as you pointed out they look to have been recovered at some point, I must admit I didn't realise this.

They don't look too bad,and the 7x56 and the 8x56 are more uncommon than the 10x50 version so well worth re covering with what would have originally been on them,you can buy the faux leather (that is more like the original covering on line) from camera shops and the same glue to stick it back on,time consuming but worth it,

?

hi i have seen a few on other forums that are painted tan/black with no leather covering, have you seen war time examples like this or are these post war examples.

No these are wartime binoculars as with most things on the german side they began to economise as the war went on,the early hensoldt binoculars were pebbled faux leather covered,but from approx. 1942 on wards they were black painted and then the tan variant appeared,you could search the web for numbers close to the one you have look at the finish on those (leather or paint) and that should tell you what finish yours had originally my guess would be leather as someone has put leather on them,i hope this helps,they are one of my favourite binoculars and superb when the optics are clean,far better than most binos today

?

i have found another pair of these on the net with a similar marine stamped case.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dienstglas 7x56 binoculars   Dienstglas 7x56 binoculars  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast