Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

E-tool Identification

Article about: This forum is amazing. I have enjoyed the photos and am really amazed at the level of detail in which people post information. I am not real sure where to post so forgive me if this is in th

Default E-tool Identification

This forum is amazing. I have enjoyed the photos and am really amazed at the level of detail in which people post information. I am not real sure where to post so forgive me if this is in the wrong place. The only markings on this is "Made in GDR" in English. One of the blade sides has a sawtooth edge. Does anyone know the year and origin of this? Thanks in advance for your comments.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture E-tool Identification   E-tool Identification  

E-tool Identification   E-tool Identification  

E-tool Identification  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement E-tool Identification
    P
    Many

ian
    ?

Default Re: E-tool Identification

i believe GDR meens german democratic republic the old east germany
    cheers ian

?

Looks like post war/cold war East German to me mate.
    The camouflage pattern on the holder certainly looks DDR. What worries me about it though, are the green webbing straps, they look distinctly like British 58ptn webbing, especially the fastening straps on the front face.
    Based on that, I cant help thinking that the E-Tool may be genuine, but the cover is a "frankenstein".

As usual, I will stand corrected by others more knowledgeable than myself.

Regards etc

Ian
    AKA: Jimpy

ian
    ?

hi ian i dont think this is amilitary item at all so your right about the francenstein
    i think its comercial to sell in western surplus shops to get western currency for the old east germany ,hence made in gdr in english ,mabe that would explane the 58 pat ish straps and bits
    what do think mate ,cheers ian

?

Quote by ian View Post
    hi ian i dont think this is amilitary item at all so your right about the francenstein
    i think its comercial to sell in western surplus shops to get western currency for the old east germany ,hence made in gdr in english ,mabe that would explane the 58 pat ish straps and bits
    what do think mate ,cheers ian
    Hi Ian

I think that you're right mate.
    Looking at the E-tool again, the "giveaway", if you like, is the "GDR" which should be DDR, if there at all.
    Also, any other wording would be in GERMAN not English , (d'oh! Must get my glasses changed!)

Regards etc

Ian

ian
    ?

your OK mate my glasses are like the bottom of bottles and i still cant see
    good to hear from you ,how goes it ?
    cheers ian

?

Doing OK Ian thanks. How about you?
    Still looking for a job, like 3 million others, but looking forward to going on a "Bike run out" on Mothers Day. Should be good, its in support of "Afghan Heroes" and there's about 10,000 riders confirmed on it. Starts from Hullavington and goes through Wootton Bassett, circuit of about 14 miles! Should raise over £60,000 for the charity!

Anyway, I think that I've hijacked this thread enough for now!

Regards etc
    Ian

I kind of thought it was odd that the "made in GDR" was in english. I appreciate the replies. Thanks all.

I don't get the initial question at all. Nearly all old DDR stuff is marked "Made in GDR" (just missing the produdly )

Btw. To many west germans the DDR was known as SZB (Sowjetisch Besetzte Zone).

The green webbing straps are okay, this is the 1990 pattern.