MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

EM/NCO'S CANVAS GAITERS. (Stoff Gamaschen)

Article about: Hi, New addition - EM/NCO'S CANVAS GAITERS. (Stoff Gamaschen). Now I just need the boots. Thanks !

close up on the unpainted buckles and grey leather...
    This thick canvas is more commonly seen in the production of MP pouches
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture EM/NCO'S CANVAS GAITERS. (Stoff Gamaschen)  

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement EM/NCO'S CANVAS GAITERS. (Stoff Gamaschen)
    P
    Many

Comparison between a buckle with roller bar and the dark gray paint used around 1943 and a buckle without roller bar and left unpainted...both from two pairs of unissued gaiters.

Last edited by JPhilip; 05-31-2015 at 07:22 PM.

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :

and finally a comparison between four unissued gaiters from four different pairs showing leather padding...
    two pieces of white leather
    two pieces of thin black leather
    mix of white and cream leathers
    Kriegsmarine grey leather...
    Thanks

In Memoriam :

Amazing. Such variety of materials. Over time I have come to realize that all sorts of materials were tossed into the mix after 1942. This has been a truly enlightening thread. NH

Quote by Neil Hever View Post
    Amazing. Such variety of materials. Over time I have come to realize that all sorts of materials were tossed into the mix after 1942. This has been a truly enlightening thread. NH
    If you think that mix-n-match is odd have a look at mid to late war feldflasches and brotbeutels - the small square leather reinforcing pieces under the loops and straps come in ALL colours and textures!!!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Here are what I believe are the Bundeswehr type. Not sure on the year but they are unissued and they actually have 6 holes and not the 5 often seen.

Not as coarse a weave as some BW items ( compare with the unissued 1944 set in the last photos ) and still of very good construction akin to the TR set, but the roller buckle e-introduced and the longer straps added ( fatter ankles after the war ...... ) are the key identifiers IMO.

Regards, Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture EM/NCO'S CANVAS GAITERS. (Stoff Gamaschen)   EM/NCO'S CANVAS GAITERS. (Stoff Gamaschen)  

EM/NCO'S CANVAS GAITERS. (Stoff Gamaschen)   EM/NCO'S CANVAS GAITERS. (Stoff Gamaschen)  

" I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Here is another set, I just got in...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture EM/NCO'S CANVAS GAITERS. (Stoff Gamaschen)   EM/NCO'S CANVAS GAITERS. (Stoff Gamaschen)  

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3