MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Equipment D Ring

Article about: Equipment D Ring it is unmarked. timothy

Default Equipment D Ring

Equipment D Ring it is unmarked. timothy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Equipment D Ring   Equipment D Ring  

Equipment D Ring   Equipment D Ring  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Equipment D Ring
    P
    Many

Interesting! The trouble I've always had with the German D-rings is that there is almost no way to differentiate between them and other countries or even post-war German ones. (Not to mention also, that they make near perfect ones even today). To find a dead on original war-era German D-ring is a Royal problem, for sure! Nice pick up!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Interesting! The trouble I've always had with the German D-rings is that there is almost no way to differentiate between them and other countries or even post-war German ones. (Not to mention also, that they make near perfect ones even today). To find a dead on original war-era German D-ring is a Royal problem, for sure! Nice pick up!
    That is sure true Wagriff I think this one is ok got from a friend that is a old time collector and does vet buys and has a picker that does the same it is identical to wartime ones shown on Bunker Militaria however a lot of theirs are marked a few unmarked ones. I have seen some pretty good repo's though thanks timothy

Most of the time these unmarked ones with black thread are post war BGS (Bundes Grenz Schutz)

Easy to identify : the leather is "inside out"

On ww2 items the rough side is out, and the smooth side in..... on post war items it's the other way around !

Same goes for equipment straps

Tom

Thumbs up

Quote by MP44tom View Post

On ww2 items the rough side is out, and the smooth side in..... on post war items it's the other way around !

Tom

This Forum never ceases to amaze me with useful tips like this. Another 'heart attack', though - I had to run and check my only D-ring and thankfully, it passed the test......

Default D rings.

I have just dug out a small handful of the D rings I have spare and surplus to requirements. It appears most of them have a maker/date stamp albeit quite hard to read. These are originals and have been sitting here in a plastic bags for years. I have never found anyone who wanted Drings for their collection , I always thought they were an important part of a soldiers full kit. Strangely they don't turn up to often so was well pleased to see a thread on them.
    All the best from Jersey.
    D
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Equipment D Ring   Equipment D Ring  

Thanks all I didn't think much of them either had it in a old box of stuff and decided to post. They are a inexpensive item for the most part. Mine looks exactly as the last one shown by Jersey on the inside stitching is white. timothy