Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Feldfernsprecher 33?

Article about: Here is another object which is puzzling me : it LOOKS like an FF33 German field phone but is quite different from the other 'standard' phones I have come across - could anybody help and tel

?

Default Feldfernsprecher 33?

Here is another object which is puzzling me : it LOOKS like an FF33 German field phone but is quite different from the other 'standard' phones I have come across - could anybody help and tell me what it really is?

Best regards,

Didier

Feldfernsprecher 33?Feldfernsprecher 33?Feldfernsprecher 33?Feldfernsprecher 33?Feldfernsprecher 33?Feldfernsprecher 33?Feldfernsprecher 33?Feldfernsprecher 33?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Feldfernsprecher 33?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Feldfernsprecher 33?

Hello, this is a "Erdsprechgerät". With this material, you can phone even when cables are cuts, by bombs for example.
    Axis History Forum • View topic - Erdsprechgerät
    Nice item, rare today.
    Chers,
    Michel from Paris

?

Thanks Michel! I am sorry to tell you that I have just found the answer I was NOT looking for on a German site : my phone is not an FF33, nor an Erdsprechgerät... It is an East German (NVA) FF53 Feldfernsprecher ---> link DDR Feldtelefon FF 53, günstig kaufen und gratis inserieren auf willhaben.at!

i think the Germans in WW2 used "Josef" and not "Julius" and "Toni" instead of "Theodor".

the East Germans definitely used "Theodor" and "Julius".

I can certainly see how a person could think they're WW2 German...The overall resemblance is incredible!

?

Well, collecting NVA stuff seems to be much safer than trying to collect WW2 German!

Plus, you should see Waffenamt markings on the base and handset if this was a WWII era example. It is very close to WWII in appearance. The handset is slightly different and the test button and headphone insert section is different. Field phones went through another technical upgrade in 1963. NH

In some cases original Feldtelefon had their Phonetic plates changed to suit the East German phonetic alphabet.

Martin