Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Feldflasche flea market find

Article about: Hi guys, today I found two items at a flea market in my town and this Feldflasche was one of them. The reason I took it home with me, was because I didn't have one yet and the seller let it

?

Default Feldflasche flea market find

Hi guys,

today I found two items at a flea market in my town and this Feldflasche was one of them.
    The reason I took it home with me, was because I didn't have one yet and the seller let it go for almost nothing. (just like the k98 bajonett i posted in another thread). As you can see in the photo's the state of the feldflasche isn't that great, but I liked it enough and just had to take it with me. The leather straps are all dried up and even broke up in some spots. I used some clear leather wax to prevent it from falling apart completely. I did find a stamp on the leather straps, it's EEF 43.
    The felt cover has some holes and the buttons on the side are a bit rusted. I guess the previous owner didn't care much about storing it properly. I've put it in my cabinet and hope it stays the way it is now.

I just wanted to show this feldflasche to you
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Feldflasche flea market find   Feldflasche flea market find  

Feldflasche flea market find   Feldflasche flea market find  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Feldflasche flea market find
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

It's seen better days but still a nice piece. Can you see any markings on the canteen itself? Or are the buttons so rusty they can't be unsnapped?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

EEF43 - manufacturer " Ewald Eigenbrod Aluminium-und Metallwarenfabrik, Freiling"

?

Well MAP, I will have to take a look today and try to unsnap the buttons. I will let you know.

I think the canteen is usually marked on the neck, just below the threading of the cap. You should be able to move the fabric enough to see any markings without having to unsnap the buttons. There's a good chance they'll break or rip from the cover if you try that, in this condition. The rust also weakens the surrounding fabric.

?

Earlymb, you are right. The buttons are to rusted to be unsnapped, I tried that this morning. I'll try to move the fabric on the neck when I get home from work. Thanks for the heads up.

?

I've checked the stamping in the neck and it's a clear stamping wich says EEF 43. Nice to see it matches the stamping in the leather straps. Underneath the felt cover the canteen is in really good condition.

That's great! As long as you keep it in a stable environment and don't try to unsnap the buttons the cover will be fine.