Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Field Pieces - Info Needed - Thanks

Article about: Hello All, Picked these three pieces up over the weekend, don’t know much about them, hope some members can help me out with some information.(1) ½ litre water canteen produced by Cloeter da

?

Default Field Pieces - Info Needed - Thanks

Hello All,
    Picked these three pieces up over the weekend, don’t know much about them, hope some members can help me out with some information.(1) ½ litre water canteen produced by Cloeter dated 1909 stamped M.D.4 run the name Cloeter through google - nothing. Is it a WW1 military piece? if so what’s M.D.4 ?- on the flat side is engraved in Russian, is a persons name, where he came from and the date 1941 - any Russian readers out there to give his name & town. (2) Joined folk & spoon think its WW1 but is stamped H.H.L. 40 any info on period or maker appreciated. (3) Bullet packaging dated 1943 think bullets were for hunting, they look a bit on the small side for the Wehrmacht. Any information welcome.
    Best Wishes
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Field Pieces - Info Needed - Thanks   Field Pieces - Info Needed - Thanks  

Field Pieces - Info Needed - Thanks   Field Pieces - Info Needed - Thanks  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Field Pieces - Info Needed - Thanks
    P
    Many

Default Re: Field Pieces - Info Needed - Thanks

Hi Alec, I cannot help on the water bottle, but the "Spork" is WW2 German. "40" is the date for 1940.

The ammo package is military. The maker code "faa" is for Deutsche Waffen- u. Munitionsfabriken AG, Karlsruhe.

Cheers, Ade.

Hello,
    Sorry i can't help you with the canteen, but maybe a fellow member from eastern Europe can at least translate the engraving. The fork/spoon combo is a WWII german regulation item : maker H.H.L., year of production 1940. The ammo box is for 22. LR rifle i guess....should have been used for training, HJ practising etc.....Hope it helps
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Schnaps
    ?

HI,
    I can say about the canteen. It`s the Austro-Hungarian model 1909.

---------------------------------
    I thik this is Sebian language..
    ....(? Name)
    ....(? Name)
    from Јошан

?

Thanks everyone for the posts and Schnaps for the google earth link.I've found a Serb whose going to read the name off for me, when he does I'll give you the name. Thanks again.
    Cheerio

Schnaps
    ?

Hi Cheerio !
    Such Canteen in strap AUSTRIANCANTEENSPAGE2

?

Hi Schnaps,
    Thanks for Austrian Link of the water canteens- interesting. The script on mine, is indeed Serbian and reads -

Name - Stanojko Lekic
    From - Josanica - 1941

Thanks for the help.
    Cheers