Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Finnish entrenching tool and carrier used by the Wehrmacht

Article about: Hi, I received this entrenching tool and carrier. Both the shovel and the carrier are marked SA which I believe means that it is of Finnish origin. However, the carrier has a Nazi eagle stam

Default Finnish entrenching tool and carrier used by the Wehrmacht

Hi,

I received this entrenching tool and carrier. Both the shovel and the carrier are marked SA which I believe means that it is of Finnish origin. However, the carrier has a Nazi eagle stamp on it. Any ideas as to whether this is a Finnish entrenching tool and carrier used by the Germans or just a carrier which has had a fake Nazi stamp added post war?

Thanks,

Brian
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Finnish entrenching tool and carrier used by the Wehrmacht   Finnish entrenching tool and carrier used by the Wehrmacht  

Finnish entrenching tool and carrier used by the Wehrmacht   Finnish entrenching tool and carrier used by the Wehrmacht  

Attached Images Attached Images Finnish entrenching tool and carrier used by the Wehrmacht  Finnish entrenching tool and carrier used by the Wehrmacht 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Finnish entrenching tool and carrier used by the Wehrmacht
    P
    Many

Brian that stamp is not anything that i've saw on field gear before, but maybe others have. The carrier and shovel are not WW2 German issue so I would think someone has added the stamp postwar. Just my opinion tho.
    Steve

The shovel and cover are Finnish army ww2 used ,the eagle looks post war added to help sell the item

Thanks for the help guys.

-Brian

Agreed, the eagle has been added post war.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Post war Waa added in IMO set is original Finn. timothy