Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Flying Goggles German??

Article about: Hi All, I have seen alot of this style pop up lately and it makes me wonder if they are post war or even german? Does anyone have any idea about this stlye? Thanks John

Thanks scout, I have seen the goggles on those sites, 300 is alot of change for them, I will check for markings on these when I get them but I do not think they are marked.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Flying Goggles German??
    P
    Many

Most say these are of French origin some of them are marked "Inflamable" on lens that reference tell were made in occupied France. Makes sense goggles were made in occupied countries those appear in one of the famous reference by Andrew Mollo I think. I have a pair of them and there are plenty of period pictures of their use by the Luftwaffe and Ground troops also. Walkwolf is right they will stick to a surface last summer I had a pair stored in a cabinet displayed and the hot summer weather plays heck on them went to pick them up and they were stuck to the wood did finally get them off without much damage but it leaves a white gue that is hard to clean I never put them on my flight helmets due to this they might be all right in a controlled environment or a cooler place. timothy

?

Yes, even modern materials will eventually disintegrate. I had a pair of modern made but retro-looking motorbike goggles, the padding eventually did dissolve simply by being stored unused at room temperature.

Kind of late ,but i just came across this thread.Photo of the goggles in post #1 are French and used by many flyers in the 1930's................Dave H
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Flying Goggles German??  

Here is one identical with can other pair is Wagner or Auer or Leitz marked on side DRGM Anders Skotte book shows a pair and calls them Leitz made goggles for aviation. timothy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Flying Goggles German??  

Timothy,
    Nice collection of goggles,especially the cased pair of channel sunglasses......I checked my Skotte book and noticed what appears to be the exact goggles in post #1,,except on pg 54 & pg131,there is an attachment ring that holds the strap to the frame,and on pg 131..the attachment strap looks like the type found on the model 295 & 305............The one in post #1 the strap goes thru a clip.....Dave H
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Flying Goggles German??   Flying Goggles German??  

Flying Goggles German??  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2