Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Is it a fog filter for Dienstglast binocular ?

Article about: Hi there, I've just found those in woods where there was a few weeks battle between WH and RKKA in 1944. Outer diameter is 35mm, pink glass dimater is 15mm, black part is made of color-metal

Reanoe
    ?

Default Is it a fog filter for Dienstglast binocular ?

Hi there,
    I've just found those in woods where there was a few weeks battle between WH and RKKA in 1944.
    Outer diameter is 35mm, pink glass dimater is 15mm, black part is made of color-metal (brass i think). Glass part is not a lense.
    It seems to me like fog filter. The question is from which binocular ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is it a fog filter for Dienstglast binocular ?   Is it a fog filter for Dienstglast binocular ?  

2. # ADS

Hi yes either from a binocular or from a set of rabbit ear binoculars ( scissor type) they can come in many different colours,yellow,grey,blue etc normally used for fog,anti glare in sun etc

Reanoe
    ?

Thanks for reply.
    As I understand it will not be easy to say if this is German/Russian and from which particular binocular...

As you say very hard to say from which side as both used them and both types follow the same construction,