Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Is this folding e-tool original?

Article about: Hi this E-tool is what I find in China forum. The stamp looks strange And need your opinion

Default Is this folding e-tool original?

Hi this E-tool is what I find in China forum.
    The stamp looks strange
    And need your opinion

Is this folding e-tool original?Is this folding e-tool original?Is this folding e-tool original?Is this folding e-tool original?Is this folding e-tool original?Is this folding e-tool original?Is this folding e-tool original?Is this folding e-tool original?Is this folding e-tool original?Is this folding e-tool original?Is this folding e-tool original?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this folding e-tool original?
    P
    Many

Looks OK to me, i've seen "ago" marked klappspaten before. The only little downside is it's been repainted and whoever did so painted part of the handle!..

Yes that is OK folding German ww2 shovel by ago dated it looks like 41 somewhere under that thick repaint might be a waa nice shovel but has been painted at some point as mentioned above. timothy

Yes, original ago 41 Klappspaten.....

ago = E. Luft, Eisen- und Metallwarenfabrik, Zentrale Tetschen/Elbe (DecĂ­n)

now the hard part: finding an original carrier

Tom
    MP44.nl - Welcome to my Website

Can someone confirm or deny what I was told many years ago to identify these.

Dutch E tool ribs are not as pronounced ( are more rounded ) than the German made tool and a "true" German tool has an angled stop so the handle when closed does not lay parallel with the blade so it sits away from the soldiers leg. This is similar to the angle on the flat shovel.

Tom or any other equipment guys or gals, what are your thoughts on these beliefs?

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Can someone confirm or deny what I was told many years ago to identify these.

Dutch E tool ribs are not as pronounced ( are more rounded ) than the German made tool and a "true" German tool has an angled stop so the handle when closed does not lay parallel with the blade so it sits away from the soldiers leg. This is similar to the angle on the flat shovel.

Tom or any other equipment guys or gals, what are your thoughts on these beliefs?

Dan
    Yeah Dan you are right, i think the handle on the German tool rests a few degrees away from the "blade" when folded!...

Right

german blades should look like this

Tom
    MP44.nl - Welcome to my Website

So does that mean that the klappspaten that opened this thread is not german?
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by Danmark View Post
    So does that mean that the klappspaten that opened this thread is not german?
    Hello,
    No, it means that the metal/bakelite ring has been unscrewed enough to allow the blade to lie against the handle...
    Here the ring on Tom's folding shovel is not completly unscrewed...it has been screwed up to block the blade to show that when the ring is screwed up enough to block the blade when the latter it's folded, then both are not parallel...but if you unscrew the ring down till "the end", you can of course have them parallel...otherwise it would have been a serious problem to carry a folding tool that can't be properly folded...i hope it makes sense...
    Thanks
    Last edited by JPhilip; 11-08-2013 at 10:43 AM.

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

I have to pull out this old post because the topic is still relevant.

This is a postwar Dutch e-tool with fake marking "ago 41"
    These e-tools are regularly found on Ebay.de (for example right now) and unfortunately people still fall for the scam.
    It is a well-known dealer who offers almost exclusively fakes to the detriment of the collector.
    By the way, the marking ago 41 in this form is never to find on original German e-tools.