Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Found a German Canteen today, need some info on it

Article about: So while me and my father were doing ammo inventory for my grandpa I found this in a box of misc stuff, it's marked kcl 39 on the bottle and it's missing the cover and chain. It's got a weir

Default Found a German Canteen today, need some info on it

So while me and my father were doing ammo inventory for my grandpa I found this in a box of misc stuff, it's marked kcl 39 on the bottle and it's missing the cover and chain. It's got a weird line around it that makes me think it might've been a tropical canteen. Not sure if it was though. Sorry for the bad pictures

George
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Found a German Canteen today, need some info on it   Found a German Canteen today, need some info on it  

Found a German Canteen today, need some info on it  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Found a German Canteen today, need some info on it
    P
    Many

Default Re: Found a German Canteen today, need some info on it

Hello,
    It is a stripped prewar/early war german M31 canteen in aluminium. It lacks the felt cover, the leather carrying system and the black painted aluminium cup. When it was produced in 1939, there was no tropical equipment yet...just the standard canteen...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Thanks JP, what was the companies full name that made this one? I don't know anything about canteens, it's also missing the cap lining.

George

Hello,
    According to the latest researchs made by collectors, GNL could mean : Gebrüder Noelle (from) Lüdenscheid....
    somewhere i do have a wooden box that contains a dozen of examples like yours, found here and there along the years...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)