Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Garbage find! Helmet, gas mask & can, canteen, dak(?) binoculars! Help!

Article about: GIZMO....only item I have any idea on (and that's just from watching them on eBay) is the M38 GM and carrier...I concure with others on that, about \\$100US, maybe a little more because the nu

Default Re: Garbage find! Helmet, gas mask & can, canteen, dak(?) binoculars! Help!

Good items. All I can say is that the Dienstglas is the highest value item.

Cheers, Ade.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Garbage find! Helmet, gas mask & can, canteen, dak(?) binoculars! Help!
    P
    Many

Default Re: Garbage find! Helmet, gas mask & can, canteen, dak(?) binoculars! Help!

Mate, when you say 3 years in the making, this sounds like something to do with a marriage proposal! I'm not sure whether I'm right about this but in case I am can I just say that if I was given the opportunity to choose to keep something I found in the rubbish, especially good stuff, or gain a wife well.......hang on she's coming, talk soon..............
    Last edited by sandgroper; 09-29-2011 at 10:25 AM. Reason: wrong quote

?

Agreed, The dienstglass could easily go for at least a couple hundred dollars, and possibly more if it had the case, IMO.
    The M40 shell could go for about $75-$100 or so.
    The gas mask and cannister- $100.
    The canteen - $80
    Yugo bayo -$30-$40.
    Keep in mind, this is what I would consider paying and not nesessarily what you could get. Very nice finds BTW! I wish I had it like you! Thanks for sharing.
    ~Dean

Quote by sandgroper View Post
    Mate, when you say 3 years in the making, this sounds like something to do with a marriage proposal! I'm not sure whether I'm right about this but in case I am can I just say that if I was given the opportunity to choose to keep something I found in the rubbish, especially good stuff, or gain a wife well.......hang on she's coming, talk soon..............
    I try not to share too much of my personal life online... But, yeah... we've been to three friends' weddings recently and I've been thinking that we are certainly happier than those couples and we've been together longer. To be honest, I've had commitment issues, and I think it's about time to grow up.

Quote by Dean View Post
    Agreed, The dienstglass could easily go for at least a couple hundred dollars, and possibly more if it had the case, IMO.
    The M40 shell could go for about $75-$100 or so.
    The gas mask and cannister- $100.
    The canteen - $80
    Yugo bayo -$30-$40.
    Keep in mind, this is what I would consider paying and not nesessarily what you could get. Very nice finds BTW! I wish I had it like you! Thanks for sharing.
    ~Dean
    Thanks for the response, Dean! Can anyone comment on these values... too high, too low or just right? I've never sold militaria... where would be the best place to sell this stuff?

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    I try not to share too much of my personal life online... But, yeah... we've been to three friends' weddings recently and I've been thinking that we are certainly happier than those couples and we've been together longer. To be honest, I've had commitment issues, and I think it's about time to grow up.
    She looks like a keeper! Your helmet does, too!

I am going to have to go down to my local recycling facility and have them pull stuff out for me. TOO much of this stuff gets thrown out.

I do feel myself like member of your family,ha ha ha !!This thread is so uncommon and so alive!!
    You really look like the guy we want to be friend with!
    You make my day!But think twice before wedding!(joke)

Hahaha! Show me around Normandy and I'll be your friend!

My girlfriend may kick your butt though...

I can't comment on any of the other items, but in the UK matching, good condition GM38 Gas Mask Sets that are named can go for over £100 Pounds easily. Not too sure about the market for them in the US though.

Very nice selection of finds

Thanks

Danny

Quote by GasMasksUK View Post
    I can't comment on any of the other items, but in the UK matching, good condition GM38 Gas Mask Sets that are named can go for over £100 Pounds easily. Not too sure about the market for them in the US though.

Very nice selection of finds

Thanks

Danny
    Thanks for the response! It seems like the binoculars and gasmask are the real winners here!

Can anyone comment on the canteen? I've never seen anything like it!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast