Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Gas Mask Canister

Article about: What kind of paint is used on the canister? Are the straps original? What is it's actual value? WW2 German Gas Mask Can Canister or Container with Straps in Original Condition | eBay

Default Gas Mask Canister

What kind of paint is used on the canister?

Are the straps original?

What is it's actual value?

WW2 German Gas Mask Can Canister or Container with Straps in Original Condition | eBay

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gas Mask Canister
    P
    Many

Welcome to the Forum.

Just so there is no wasted posts here.
    Here are the pictures of the Canister in question.
    Value it made around £100 or $132

Sellers description:
    Original WW2 German gas mask container. No mask inside. This canister is in original condition, collected by my father in World War II. Has straps, including short strap
    Initials inside H.A.E. dated 1940.

Great for display or re-enacting.

Gas Mask CanisterGas Mask CanisterGas Mask CanisterGas Mask CanisterGas Mask CanisterGas Mask CanisterGas Mask CanisterGas Mask CanisterGas Mask Canister

Cheers
    Doug

?

Says it's sold, did you buy it? I'm no expert but I can't tell for sure if shoulder strap is original. I don't know if the paint is either. But like I said I'm no expert, I'm more about the WW1 masks. I honesty don't think it was worth quite that if it was original, but that's just my opinion and yes, welcome to the forum!

The reason it sold so expensive is that the short strap is Kriegsmarine marked... (The M under the eagle)
    My guess is the buyer thought the whole set was Kriegsmarine, and took a chance.....

If it is Marine, the price is ok, for a normal can and only an M marked strap, the price is high......

Btw, straps are original......

Tom

Hello! Thank you all for the welcome!

Quote by FinMC View Post
    Says it's sold, did you buy it? I'm no expert but I can't tell for sure if shoulder strap is original. I don't know if the paint is either. But like I said I'm no expert, I'm more about the WW1 masks. I honesty don't think it was worth quite that if it was original, but that's just my opinion and yes, welcome to the forum!
    Yes, I bought it.

Quote by MP44tom View Post
    The reason it sold so expensive is that the short strap is Kriegsmarine marked... (The M under the eagle)
    My guess is the buyer thought the whole set was Kriegsmarine, and took a chance.....

If it is Marine, the price is ok, for a normal can and only an M marked strap, the price is high......

Btw, straps are original......

Tom
    Hmm, I didn't know the canister could be a Kriegsmarine model; there is a marking with waves on the latch handle. There's light green color paint within the lid compartment than the outside.

Check the reserve glass compartment for a little eagle with M stamp

May i ask why you bid so high for the can? For that price you could have bought a complete set with gas mask inside !!

Tom

Quote by MP44tom View Post
    Check the reserve glass compartment for a little eagle with M stamp

May i ask why you bid so high for the can? For that price you could have bought a complete set with gas mask inside !!

Tom
    Unfortunately, there is no eagle with M stamp in the reserve glass compartment.

Well, I'm not quite sure why I bidded high for the can. The canister looks okay with original paint.