MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Gas Mask Lense Tin

Article about: G'day All, I've had this tin for a long time and have never seen another. I'm not sure what the go is on it? tropical? any info on it? Thanks in advance

Default Gas Mask Lense Tin

G'day All,

I've had this tin for a long time and have never seen another.
    I'm not sure what the go is on it? tropical? any info on it?
    Thanks in advance
    Last edited by reneblacky; 04-15-2012 at 06:01 AM. Reason: grammer

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gas Mask Lense Tin
    P
    Many

Default Re: Gas Mask Lense Tin

Hi Rene,
    I have seen them before - my take is that it's for storing extra lenses ( as more than one set cannot easily fit in a standard cannister compartment ) out of a Sanitater's kit - or from a verbandkasten. ( or I could be completely wrong ) But if the TP stands for tropical it may have been a more protective way of stopping the lenses from deteriorating in the desert environment....... just a thought?
    Dan

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Hi Rene,
    I have seen them before - my take is that it's for storing extra lenses ( as more than one set cannot easily fit in a standard cannister compartment ) out of a Sanitater's kit - or from a verbandkasten. ( or I could be completely wrong ) But if the TP stands for tropical it may have been a more protective way of stopping the lenses from deteriorating in the desert environment....... just a thought?
    Dan
    Cheers Dan
    So maybe from a medics set? could be? (Tp) I read somewhere is tropical
    Last edited by reneblacky; 04-15-2012 at 06:11 AM. Reason: added text

Yes Rene, I read that too ...... but as the Americans say, "I'm just spitballin' here"

Dan
    ( someone is bound to steer us in the right direction )

(Tp) stands for "Tropen" and this is in fact a tin for spare gas mask lens covers.It was made by "arr",i.e. Braunschweigische Blechwarenfabrik GmbH,Braunschweig,Frankfurterstrasse.
    The code refers to "arr" inasmuch it was a maker of small arms-related pressed steel sheet components,the lens would have been code-stamped differently,i.e "bwz" for Auer, "byd" for Drager aso.
    Hth
    Horrido!

?

Nice little item

Nice little tin, not something you see everyday

Jason

Hello,
    This small tin was meant for paratroopers as their Gasmask carrier was not a canister but a cloth bag which gave no protection to extra lenses against shocks, humidity and dust. As mentioned, this one was meant for tropical use. I have seen many of these in the past but have never seen one which was not tropical...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Cheers Guys
    I never ever thought it to be para

Hello, yes for Tp, FJ use and there is also a round model.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast