Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Gas mask questions

Article about: I am trying to figure out some information about my aluminum canister gas mask. On the mask, there is a stamp on a eagle and swastika. The same is on the canister. A neighbor told me that th

Default Gas mask questions

I am trying to figure out some information about my aluminum canister gas mask. On the mask, there is a stamp on a eagle and swastika. The same is on the canister. A neighbor told me that the swastika would be indented most of the time. On my, the eagle is stamped on with back ink. There is also some numbers on the front. They are indented outward. Is this possible? The shape of the canister looks like this. Gas mask questions
    Gas mask questions

The gasmask is made of laytex. This isn't my mask but it is very similar. Only different are the numbers. Too late not to check, because it is in my garage and it's dark, but I belive the numbers aare poping out. I'll check in the morning

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gas mask questions
    P
    Many

Default Re: Gas mask questions

They are civil volksgasmaske 37 sold to civilians.
    The stamps with the eagles are maker stamps.

Btw, to anybody that helps, thank you!

Who would it be made by?

Hello,
    as already mentioned, a VM37...eagle stamps are not maker's mark but acceptance stamp.
    This type of gasmasks were intented for civilian use only.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)