Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

The Gasmask from 1937 with tornister

Article about: Hello I bought this Gasmask on the fleemarket The one seller said me that the gasmask was used by his Father in WW2 first to the complete gas mask: The filter is stamped FE 41 and I solve th

Default The Gasmask from 1937 with tornister

Hello
    I bought this Gasmask on the fleemarket
    The one seller said me that the gasmask was used by his Father in WW2
    first to the complete gas mask:
    The filter is stamped FE 41 and I solve the Problem with the Asbest with a Little sheet of folie
    The Mask is stamped 1937 and the 2 glasses one stamped 1941 and one 1943
    The can is stamped 1938 and have all straps and 3 ersatz glasses and it is painted Apfelgrün I think it was used by the wehrmacht heer but im not shure
    On the can the owners Name is visible Uffz Wallter(Unteroffizier Wallter)
    on the Mask and on the tornister the same number is painted on in Blue colour(354)
    For what is this number and is the colour of the number for the department of usage?

I need your experts knowledge for this example
    Best regards
    Bavarian
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Gasmask from 1937 with tornister   The Gasmask from 1937 with tornister  

The Gasmask from 1937 with tornister   The Gasmask from 1937 with tornister  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The Gasmask from 1937 with tornister
    P
    Many

No need to worry too much about asbestos. Germany used activated charcoal in their military gas masks. The only masks known to contain asbestos are the civilian variants, like the VM-40. I still wouldn't recommend wearing it with the filter attached, however!

B.B.

Nice gasmaske 30 Bavarian. The number on the mask and behalter 354 is either the owners personal roll number or the item number for the mask when they were issued. The number 1 between the eyepeices is the size, which is large (I expect you know this already).

Hello
    Thanks for the nice comments
    This solve with the Folie I made on all my gasmasks and My posted MK1 brodie
    Here some pictures
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Gasmask from 1937 with tornister   The Gasmask from 1937 with tornister  

Nice find mate, nice to get with the carrying strap too !
    Regards
    Paul