Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Gasmask owner i.d. - how to find out more?

Article about: Hi All, As I have posted it in this http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/field-...nister-280569/ thread a few days ago, my latest gasmask canister has the owner's name: Kan. (Kanonier - artilleryma

?

Default Gasmask owner i.d. - how to find out more?

Hi All,

As I have posted it in this https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/field...nister-280569/
    thread a few days ago, my latest gasmask canister has the owner's name:
    Kan. (Kanonier - artilleryman/gunner) K. Sutter

also there's a black painted 73 on the can...

If I wanted to find out more info regarding the owner of the can, how would I go about doing it? Unfortunatelly, I don't speak german...Or is this just not enough info for that?

THX - Fabe

Gasmask owner i.d. - how to find out more?Gasmask owner i.d. - how to find out more?Gasmask owner i.d. - how to find out more?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gasmask owner i.d. - how to find out more?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Gasmask owner i.d. - how to find out more?

Anyone?

?

Ok, I think I might be getting closer to the answer...

It could be that Kanonier K. Sutter was serving in 'Artillery Regiment 661' - I just found this:

"The Artillery Regiment 661 was formed on 1 April 1943 in Croatia situated. The regiment was the increase in the Ordnance Department 661 set to three departments. The Second Division was there from the Ordnance Department 661 formed. After the formation of the regiment was 114 Hunter Division assumed. Together with the Division, the regiment was used in the Balkans. In September 1943, it was due to the following locations:
    bar (strung parts): Knin
    bar (mot-parts): Sibenik
    I. Department: Sibenik
    II Department: Zara
    III. Department (strung parts): Knin
    III. Division (mot-parts): Sibenik
    As of February 1944, the regiment was then in Italy used. On 3 June 1944 was the regimental headquarters in Introdacqua, the First Department in Campo di Giove, the Division II and III in Pescocostanzo. Department listed in Villetta Barrea. In December 1944, a Division IV from III in the regiment. Department of Artillery Regiment 20 (L) formed. This was but the beginning of 1945 to the Fourth Division of the Artillery Regiment 650 renamed. For this, the regiment received as compensation from the Second Division Artillery Regiment 671 allocated, consisting of the Second Division of Artillery Regiment 20 (L) had been formed. The regiment was now in Abruzzo on the Adriatic Sea and later in use.

For the Ersatzgestellung the regimental staff, the II, III. and Division IV of the regiment was the Ordnance Department 21 Replacement responsible. For this task was the First Department of the Artillery Reserve Division I./112 perceived.

Literature and sources:

Helmut Rusch: observations and thoughts 50 years ago. The Artillery Regiment 661 of the 114th Hunter Division in Croatia and Italy 1943 - 1945, Self-Publishing"

Artillerie-Regiment 661 - Lexikon der Wehrmacht

Looks like lots of history behind this can...

Cheers,
    Fabe

Hi Fabe, sorry the 661 is not his regiment.

Sadly there is not enough info to find out more about him.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Ah ok
    So the "661" is not regiment - on this can...

THX anyway - Cheers, Fabe

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Fabe, sorry the 661 is not his regiment.

Sadly there is not enough info to find out more about him.

Cheers, Ade.

Hello,
    Ade is right, 661 is not the regiment number, it just means that this gasmask set was the 661st set issued within the unit the Kanonier Sutter served in...if there's no handwritten info given by the soldier himself, or no Feldpostnummer, there's no way to know his unit.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)