Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Gasmasken MD30

Article about: Hello mates ! Hope you are all doing great !!!! I would like to share with you my last pickup ! Can you tell share some of your knowledge regarding this MD30 Gasmasken ? What do you know abo

Dav
    ?

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello,
    The 3 letter code used for the Metallwarenfabrik Rudolf Lang is frn, not FRN. The letter codes are never in capital letters.
    The painted on 952 number on the Gasmak means that this Gasmask was the 952nd issued within the unit. This number is written down in the soldier's Soldbuch, along with his Gasmask size.

The GM30 with M38 canister shown here is a decent example, but as Tom mentioned, it's most likely a put together as both items don't bear the same issue number. As usual for early Gasmasken, the Reichswehr eagle is still there, still used in 1937. The Gasmask was apparently checked (perhaps repaired) in 1943 before being reissued again. The lack of cloth and spring at the bottom of the canister is a problem. The fresh rust at the same location should be treated as it's still active.
    Thanks
    My mistake for capitalising the makers code- I've changed the post accordingly. And thanks for further info on the Number, I'll keep it in mind for next time. Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gasmasken MD30
    P
    Many

Dav
    ?

Ah well, just realised I can't seem to edit posts? I thought you could?

Hello,
    By the way, what is the issue number on the canister ?
    59?.........592 ?
    Thanks
    Heyy JPhilip, I'll follow your recommendations regarding WD40, thank you !!!! the numbers on the cannister are: "5952" and on the mask "952", do you think they relate ?

Thank you again mate !

Great mask and canister!

Quote by FPerseghetti View Post
    Heyy JPhilip, I'll follow your recommendations regarding WD40, thank you !!!! the numbers on the cannister are: "5952" and on the mask "952", do you think they relate ?

Thank you again mate !
    Hello,
    I do not know if they're related or not, i'm just thnking that there are some kind of coincidences here. Both numbers are painted with black paint, which was not the most common practice (white painted is rather the norm) and both items do have almost identical issue numbers (with an additional digit for the canister). Perhaps the complete number has been painted on the canister and only the three last digits on the Gasmask, as three digits is enough for the owner to ID his Gasmask and also maybe for a lack of room.
    I've already seen it with a Gasmask set, same thing but with 4 and 2 digits...and there was no discussion possible as both item did also bear a name tag. Nothing proves that they are together since the war, but considering what i wrote in this post, it's up to you to consider if they're or not, it wouldn't be a shame in my opinion to say yes....Maybe i'm wrong, it's only speculations here...the last thing i want is to mislead you toward a wrong direction.
    And please, post a photo once you got rid of the rust in the canister...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Hello,
    I do not know if they're related or not, i'm just thnking that there are some kind of coincidences here. Both numbers are painted with black paint, which was not the most common practice (white painted is rather the norm) and both items do have almost identical issue numbers (with an additional digit for the canister). Perhaps the complete number has been painted on the canister and only the three last digits on the Gasmask, as three digits is enough for the owner to ID his Gasmask and also maybe for a lack of room.
    I've already seen it with a Gasmask set, same thing but with 4 and 2 digits...and there was no discussion possible as both item did also bear a name tag. Nothing proves that they are together since the war, but considering what i wrote in this post, it's up to you to consider if they're or not, it wouldn't be a shame in my opinion to say yes....Maybe i'm wrong, it's only speculations here...the last thing i want is to mislead you toward a wrong direction.
    And please, post a photo once you got rid of the rust in the canister...
    Thanks
    Heyy mate !

Thank you again for you inputs ! I particularly agree with you on the fact the they may be relate but it's not a SURE thing ... Regarding the WD40 teatment, I'm just unable to take new pictures now but looking it live it just don't look like rust so much ... I mean, I just observed it better after your comments and actually it looks like some fluid crust such as dry oil, idk ...
    Anyway, at the time I check it I did not have much time and need to investigate better, I'll gently pass my nails on it a see if its a crust or not hahaha. Please expect news and more pictures about it !!!

Thanks again !!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2