Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Gebirgsjager anti-glare 'snow' goggles

Article about: I just received these "classic" period snow goggles commonly associated with the Gebirgsjager mountain troops. Many believe they just used either French issue goggles or just perio

Default Gebirgsjager anti-glare 'snow' goggles

I just received these "classic" period snow goggles commonly associated with the Gebirgsjager mountain troops.

Many believe they just used either French issue goggles or just period civilian versions adopted by the men for the simple expedient of being practical - but whatever the reason, these are a nice example complete with the original metal box with tissue paper padding ( nicely 'ghosted' by the goggles over time )

The green lenses are glass and the leather is still nice & soft ( although the elastic is lost it's spring )

Regards, Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gebirgsjager anti-glare 'snow' goggles   Gebirgsjager anti-glare 'snow' goggles  

Gebirgsjager anti-glare 'snow' goggles   Gebirgsjager anti-glare 'snow' goggles  

Gebirgsjager anti-glare 'snow' goggles  
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gebirgsjager anti-glare 'snow' goggles
    P
    Many

I don't know much about them apart from the fact that i like them!....

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    I don't know much about them apart from the fact that i like them!....
    What he said!
    Best Regards Matt

On the look out for original ww2 M26 Adrian helmet liner.

Thanks Guys!

Nice pair GJ goggles I know several dealers that just sell the goggles, as cases are a bonus if you find them together. Those are German Swiss is different in sides nice pair. Haven't seen a French one a lot of German goggles are made in occupied countries though. timothy

Quote by timothy View Post
    Nice pair GJ goggles I know several dealers that just sell the goggles, as cases are a bonus if you find them together. Those are German Swiss is different in sides nice pair. Haven't seen a French one a lot of German goggles are made in occupied countries though. timothy
    Thanks Timothy! .... I noticed that the tabs that hold the glass are ALL bent down on these ones. Some you come across ( including the repro ones ) have only a couple bent down?????

That's correct Dan yours has the look it should I need to pick up a pair for my growing goggle collection I know one dealer that has still got a few left. timothy