Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Gebirgsjager Rucksack, what's it worth?

Article about: Hi there, Just spotted this Gebirgsjager rucksack for sale. The guy wants \\$128US for it. Appears later manufacture with RB number and looks to have had the belt hook end cut off each shoulde

?

Default Gebirgsjager Rucksack, what's it worth?

Hi there,

Just spotted this Gebirgsjager rucksack for sale. The guy wants $128US for it. Appears later manufacture with RB number and looks to have had the belt hook end cut off each shoulder strap. Other than that looks very tidy, any ideas on value?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gebirgsjager Rucksack, what's it worth?   Gebirgsjager Rucksack, what's it worth?  

Gebirgsjager Rucksack, what's it worth?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gebirgsjager Rucksack, what's it worth?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Gebirgsjager Rucksack, what's it worth?

Good price - collector guild has worst shape one for $148.
    I would grab it if you like field gear.

?

Cheers for the input. Enjoying your thread on field telephones, have seen a couple here in NZ on occasion. The Bakelite cases are very beautiful, great display items. Yes I think I might go for the rucksack, pity about the straps. I guess the owner decided they didn't need em. May have been a post-war alteration as well.

Thanks !
    If you look on ebay you can find different rucksacks at low prices so if you are not sure about this one - hold on for another one.

Buy it at that price. If something is modified it may have been a war time change. BUY! NH

?

Well, in the absence of any advice to the contrary have placed a bid on the rucksack. Have done some searching and figured I'd never lose money on it. Appreciate your help guys. Will know Thursday if successful. Keep you posted.

Quote by NZEF2 View Post
    Well, in the absence of any advice to the contrary have placed a bid on the rucksack. Have done some searching and figured I'd never lose money on it. Appreciate your help guys. Will know Thursday if successful. Keep you posted.

Hello,
    Sorry i didn't see this thread sooner....
    Did you see closer photos of the Rucksack ?
    like the condition of the leather straps that close pockets, how the modification on the carrying straps has been made, internal condition....?
    $128 is not cheap for a Rucksack that was possibly postwar modified by a camper...
    IMO you'd better ask for more photos before purchasing this example.
    As i always say, better quality than quantity, unless you can afford both...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

Hi there, Hey no worries not spotting this earlier. I spent several days communicating with the seller and giving the forum time to respond. The seller insists that apart from the modified straps it's in great shape. Has a thumbnail size scuff underneath and the usual dry leather, nothing major. I nearly didn't bother, have bid his start price but not the buy now. Definitely won't go higher. Having said that this will be in my humble collection until a better one comes along. This is local here in New Zealand which swayed me a bit.