Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

German 12 Jahre Medal SS and Stemple!

Article about: by Normandie Did the same thing about a year ago.. didn't get anything back, well it wasn't from this guy though.. there are a lot of guys don't knowing what they are selling it and are stat

Default German 12 Jahre Medal SS and Stemple!

Hey Guys, I've got here something, but I am not sure if it's real..
    I can't belive that the medal is real but, you guys can see
    And what is it worth?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German 12 Jahre Medal SS and Stemple!   German 12 Jahre Medal SS and Stemple!  

German 12 Jahre Medal SS and Stemple!   German 12 Jahre Medal SS and Stemple!  

German 12 Jahre Medal SS and Stemple!   German 12 Jahre Medal SS and Stemple!  

German 12 Jahre Medal SS and Stemple!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German 12 Jahre Medal SS and Stemple!
    P
    Many

Default Re: German 12 Jahre Medal SS and Stemple!

Both are fakes to me.........

The SS medal has been poorly cast.
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    The SS medal has been poorly cast.
    Agreed, the medal is a very poor, low quality cast fake. The details are very soft, totally unlike original awards.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

The stamp looks old but that can easily be faked. I have an idea ( not that this makes much diiference) but it would be interesting to see the stamp on paper. Maybe this will help in ID'ing it proper.Just an idea!
    ~Dean

i agree with the previous posters that both items are fake

I agree, the runes always give poor cast fakes away

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

German 12 Jahre Medal SS and Stemple!Here is what a real SS long service looks like with oak and I do not own this. Why would you sell your stample when told it is fake to some guy? That is taking advantage of people and I do not like it for one. Here is your post from today on a differnt thread.
    Originally Posted by Sebastian
    I had a stample once, they told me on the forum it was fake, I got a call from this guy living 30 miles away from me, told it was real wanted it, came to my city, and looked at it, he thought it was good and paid me 2 500 NOK = 500$!
    So get better pictures etc..

What do you have to say for your self? you were told by our best guys IMO.
    The stample is no good.

Eric
    Last edited by Eric Zentner; 12-15-2011 at 05:11 AM.
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

It would have been nice to see what the stamp looked like on paper, just to verify
    what's been said about it. Was it a rubber image or metal ? It appears metallic.

I know that metal can be chemically etched with hydrochloric acid, and come out
    looking exactly like the piece above - even having the small pores or dots on
    the surface - these are typically ground off before printing.
    The two small 'bumps' on the stamp near the eagle were caused by 'pin holes'
    in the film negative which were not covered or masked over, and then when
    photo-engraved in the acid bath, they remained on the metal plate.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Quote by Eric Zentner View Post
    Here is what a real SS long service looks like with oak and I do not own this. Why would you sell your stample when told it is fake to some guy? That is taking advantage of people and I do not like it for one. Here is your post from today on a differnt thread.
    Originally Posted by Sebastian
    I had a stample once, they told me on the forum it was fake, I got a call from this guy living 30 miles away from me, told it was real wanted it, came to my city, and looked at it, he thought it was good and paid me 2 500 NOK = 500$!
    So get better pictures etc..

What do you have to say for your self? you were told by our best guys IMO.
    The stample is no good.

Eric
    There is no way I condone selling a fake item as an original in any way shape or form but I don't think we can be certain of the facts here. We don't know if Sebastian told the buyer it was fake, we don't know if the buyer actually saw the stamp on the forum and read it was a fake. My take on it is, from what Sebastian posted, the buyer said it was real and I can only guess after seeing in on the internet somewhere. If someone is prepared to travel to see a fake item and say they think it's real and then pay out 2500 NOK for it, there is nothing anyone can do. A fool and his money are easily parted so they say!
    Perhaps Sebastian can clarify the facts here?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Adrian View Post
    There is no way I condone selling a fake item as an original in any way shape or form but I don't think we can be certain of the facts here. We don't know if Sebastian told the buyer it was fake, we don't know if the buyer actually saw the stamp on the forum and read it was a fake. My take on it is, from what Sebastian posted, the buyer said it was real and I can only guess after seeing in on the internet somewhere. If someone is prepared to travel to see a fake item and say they think it's real and then pay out 2500 NOK for it, there is nothing anyone can do. A fool and his money are easily parted so they say!
    Perhaps Sebastian can clarify the facts here?
    Words of wisdom sir I agree I do not know how it transpired but would like to hear more on this.
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast