Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German "affe" backpack

Article about: Hey Folks, Came across this backpack in great condition. Can somebody tell me more about it? Much appriciated Cheers

Default German "affe" backpack

Hey Folks,

Came across this backpack in great condition.
    Can somebody tell me more about it? Much appriciated

Cheers
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German "affe" backpack   German "affe" backpack  

German "affe" backpack   German "affe" backpack  

German "affe" backpack  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German "affe" backpack
    P
    Many

?

Thumbs up

If I remember correctly, that is called a model 34 Tornister. It is an original and looks to be in Exc cond. The markings on the leather on the back top center will be the maker and date.
    Sarge

Quote by Sarge View Post
    If I remember correctly, that is called a model 34 Tornister.

Hello,
    It is not a Tornister 34 but rather a Tornister 1895, with the four leather loops to attach the messkit on the flap and fur on both sides.
    This type of Tornister has been made for a long time in Germany, first for the army and later for paramilitary/political organisations of the TR.
    The markings visible in the red oval on the photo below should tell us all about its period of production...
    Thanks

German "affe" backpack

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Thanks! I will upload the number today☺️

Default Tornister marking

Marking stamp on the back what does it mean? thanks for the help
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German "affe" backpack  

In my opinion, produced preWWII for a paramilitary/political organisation
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :

Thanks! Can you maybe explain a bit more? Wich organisation? And how do you read those numbers?

Thanks for the help

Hello,
    Well...if i knew what organisation this Tornister belonged to, i would have said : it's a SA or a NSKK or even a RAD Tornister, but i do not know.
    The marking as i read it : L3/8/38 is not imperial military, it's not Reichswehr, to me it looks like a marking used until the war for equipments meant for paramilitary/political organisations...the last number (38) probably stands for 1938.
    As i wrote in my previous post, this type of Tornister has been made and used for a very long time in Germany, it is a 1895 Tornister and it has been produced at least until 1940. Markings and material used for its production help to identify the period it was made. Here the 38 and the riveted loops on the flap indicate that it's a TR production for one of its organisations. One of our members specialized in non military equipment might help you out there...
    Thanks
    Last edited by JPhilip; 10-12-2016 at 01:29 PM.

In Memoriam :

here's a no pony fur one I have '38 for comparison

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast