Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

German ammo pouch?

Article about: I have had this pouch for a couple years, my neighbor has had it in his shop for a long time and decided to give it to me since he doesn't collect militaria and it was just sitting there, I

Default German ammo pouch?

I have had this pouch for a couple years, my neighbor has had it in his shop for a long time and decided to give it to me since he doesn't collect militaria and it was just sitting there, I haven't seen anything like it, it does resemble the WW2 ammo pouches, but it is still very different in a way, and I have checked everywhere, there are no markings whatsoever. A guy told me that it is a rare late war pouch, that might answer why there are no markings, what do you think?:
    German ammo pouch?
    German ammo pouch?
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German ammo pouch?
    P
    Many

Default Re: German ammo pouch?

Perfectly original wartime pouch. Cheaper production with the rivetts instead of stitching. Not every one was maker marked or RB numbered.

Cheers, Ade.

Ah, thanks for that Ade, I guess these are a bit more uncommon than the others then?
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

They are not rare, but less often seen.

Cheers, Ade,

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    They are not rare, but less often seen.

Cheers, Ade,
    I didn't say that they were rare, i said they were only a bit more uncommon.

Thanks again for solving the mystery.
    Best Regards

Vegard T.

Hello,
    Your pouch is a german M1911 ammo pouch produced between 1943 and 1945, riveted, with simplified belt loops, neither rare nor uncommon at all....not even a bit...still an original WWII item...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Do you mean for the M1911 pistol?
    Best Regards

Vegard T.

Model 1911. Some German field equipment was redesigned in the early to mid 30s like helmets and field phones. But some items were practically identical to WWI or earlier vintage examples and remained basically unchanged. This ammo pouch held 30 rounds for the Mauser rifle in stripper clips. NH

Hello,
    Yes Neil is correct, this is model 1911 because it was adopted in the german army in 1911 for troops that needed less ammunition than infantry. Infantrymen during WWI used the M1909 ammo pouch which was deeper and allowed to carry more ammo. The M1911 was given to cavalrymen, artillerymen etc....who needed to carry far less ammo than the first line foot soldiers.
    During WWII, it was the standard pouch for the K98k...
    ealry productions are sewn and have belt loops with a quick release system. Middle to late war examples can be riveted and the belt loops are riveted at the bottom. You can meet examples that are sewn and riveted on the front flaps, with rivets placed vertically or horizontally, a lot of combination can be seen...there were also many pattern of rivets, D-rings, many quality of leather, treatment etc...
    ammo pouches by themselves are a huge field of collecting...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

when I bought my k-98 mauser I got 2 sets of pouches with it . I guess they are ww1 because there was only 2 pouches together instead of 3, 1 set was black, the other was brown, then I got 2 sets that had that pebbled look but just 2 leather straps on front, I finally found out they were supposedly Russian, all of them are old, but look unused, who knows? it figures coming from Mitchell's Mausers .I have nothing good to say about them, but it was when I just started to collect. life goes on.