Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

German ammunition pocket

Article about: Dear members, Does anybody know what kind this ammunition pocket this is? Pre war? WWII? Any help is greatly welcome. Looking forward in hearing your expert opinions!

Hello,
    Danmark's explanation and these two photos should help you to understand.....
    Do you understand the thing now....?

You can click on the photos to make it more obvious....

German ammunition pocket

German ammunition pocket

Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German ammunition pocket
    P
    Many

Can I plug JP's book at this point?
    German Combat Equipment 1939-1945 Jean-Phillipe Borg.
    Worth every penny.......
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Hello,
    It is very kind of you, thank you.
    For those who might be interested in the book about german Equipment, as i didn't get any royalties so far and wont get any in the future as the new Histoire & Collections or whatever the name they have now, are free to not pay royalties to their suppliers by decision of justice...if you're interested, you can buy the book in english from me at the normal price (20 euro) + shipping and can have it signed if wanted (for free of course)
    Dont give them your money, the author wont get a cent from it...

German Combat Equipment - Militaria Collectibles buy - sell at War Relics

Thanks
    Last edited by JPhilip; 07-25-2016 at 08:31 PM.

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :

Hi Danmark and JPhilip.
    Okay let me see if I get this... :-) Please bear with me as I am new to all this! It seems I have a mix of your two pictures? But what does that mean? As I said I am a total novice in all this! What about that book JPhilip! Did you write it? That is so awesome I am interested of course!

Ok...
    Post 21 :

The Photo above shows an early to middle war M1911 ammo pouch. As you can see on the photo, the two belt loops at the rear are not riveted to the bottom of the pouch. They go thru the two horizontal loops, go underneath the pouch and are buttoned to the left and right pins. But these pins also receive the front straps, so they got to be long ones...

The photo below shows a middle to late war M1911 ammo pouch. The belt loops are riveted at the bottom of the pouch, so the left and right pins only receive the front straps...they're of the same size as the middle one, short...

On your pouch, the belt loops are riveted but they still used long pins...it is called INERTIA...and german manufacturers for the army were specialized in it...

And yes, i wrote the book. It's all started with my mate the late Laurent and i decided to write this book after he passed away..
    Thanks

In Memoriam :

A bit of ammo pouch trivia….

Back in the mid 1980’s when I first was collecting, I worked with a German who was a soldier in ww2. Kurt Miller ( changed from Muller ) emigrated to Australia in the 1950s – he told me many men cut the rawhide strap from their ammunition pouches because..

A- It was easier to get the clips out in a hurry

B- You could keep other items in them such as sweets or condoms …..

Ah, Teutonic efficiency, you have to love it!!!
    Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello,
    For those who might be interested in the book about german Equipment, as i didn't get any royalties so far and wont get any in the future as the new Histoire & Collections or whatever the name they have now, are free not to pay royalties to their suppliers by decision of justice...if you're interested, you can buy the book in english from me at the normal price (20 euro) + shipping and can have it signed if wanted (for free of course)

Thanks
    JPhilip,

I believe all the patient work on this ammo pouch thread...hard work on the book...dedication to our forum deserves a book sale / purchase. I would like to order a book (english) if you have any remaining. Please PM me and let me know how to get you payment and I will get you my shipping address. Love Field Equipment and would love to see your work on the book. Signed by the man too. In touch soon
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

MAP
    ?

Quote by Rossi View Post
    JPhilip,

I believe all the patient work on this ammo pouch thread...hard work on the book...dedication to our forum deserves a book sale / purchase. I would like to order a book (english) if you have any remaining. Please PM me and let me know how to get you payment and I will get you my shipping address. Love Field Equipment and would love to see your work on the book. Signed by the man too. In touch soon
    A good book Kirk. I picked mine up a few years back and often refer to it.

JP: So you wrote a book and never got paid? That's just WRONG.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

JPhilip,

Thank you for your wisdom, time and patience! :-) Please PM me for I would love to buy your book. You are all valued friends on here that is why I think this is the best forum around. Thank you all for your help! And for helping a novice like me ... means a lot!

Frank

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello,
    For those who might be interested in the book about german Equipment, as i didn't get any royalties so far and wont get any in the future as the new Histoire & Collections or whatever the name they have now, are free not to pay royalties to their suppliers by decision of justice...if you're interested, you can buy the book in english from me at the normal price (20 euro) + shipping and can have it signed if wanted (for free of course)

Thanks
    Worth every penny !!
    "Per Ardua"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast