Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

German ammunition pocket

Article about: Dear members, Does anybody know what kind this ammunition pocket this is? Pre war? WWII? Any help is greatly welcome. Looking forward in hearing your expert opinions!

Quote by Danmark View Post
    A bit of ammo pouch trivia….

Back in the mid 1980’s when I first was collecting, I worked with a German who was a soldier in ww2. Kurt Miller ( changed from Muller ) emigrated to Australia in the 1950s – he told me many men cut the rawhide strap from their ammunition pouches because..

A- It was easier to get the clips out in a hurry

B- You could keep other items in them such as sweets or condoms …..

Ah, Teutonic efficiency, you have to love it!!!
    Dan
    Hello,
    And in June 1942, the high command reminded to soldiers that removing these internal straps was strictly forbidden...
    (H.V.Bl . 1942, Teil B, Nr 505 from 19th of June)
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German ammunition pocket
    P
    Many

Quote by MAP View Post
    A good book Kirk. I picked mine up a few years back and often refer to it.

JP: So you wrote a book and never got paid? That's just WRONG.

Hello,
    Yes it's wrong but that's life, i mean working almost a year for peanuts is unfair, but "in fine" i dont do this for money even if i wouldn't spit on some cash...other authors have the same problem than me, but for some the amount of money concerned is not really the same than for me...some people lost huge amount of money here, years and years of work, piles of the finest books that have been sold without any royalties given to the author...i wont give names of course, but one of them has been screwed for more than 50,000 euro...
    And when you get only 8% of the total price...50,000 euro, it's a lot of books sold...
    In my case, losing a handful of thousands euro is the price of a lesson that has been perfectly learned. I'll do it differently in the future.
    There are more important things in life, even if these royalties would have helped to put some butter in the spinach...but if Popeye can eat them without butter, i can do it too...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :

MAP
    ?

Well. It still is not right. And speaking on behalf of all of us who have bought your book. It is a great resource and has helped us in learning and collecting.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thank you very much for your nice comment...
    Thanks

In Memoriam :

?

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Thank you very much for your nice comment...
    Thanks
    I just ordered your book my friend and sent you a PM. Looking forward to seeing your work & the read. Please advise the payment went through okay. I sent a little extra for those author fees you never got .

Be well and thanks again for all you do! Rossi
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

?

Also here is my favorite 1939 marked luftwaffe ammo pouch in my field gear pile.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German ammunition pocket   German ammunition pocket  

German ammunition pocket   German ammunition pocket  

German ammunition pocket   German ammunition pocket  

German ammunition pocket  
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4