MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

German army bugle with shoulder strap.

Article about: I picked this bugle up yesterday from another collector who had just acquired it but wanted to sell it. I believe it is a standard German army bugle which is un marled in any way except for

Default German army bugle with shoulder strap.

I picked this bugle up yesterday from another collector who had just acquired it but wanted to sell it. I believe it is a standard German army bugle which is un marled in any way except for the stamp on the leather strap (Otto Sindel 1941).
    It turned up here on the Island of Jersey and was picked up by a 9 year old boy at the time of the Liberation of the Island in May 45. Now an old man he decided to part with his souvenirs of that time and I was lucky enough to be able to
    get most of what he had from the collector who bought them. The leather strap is a little fragile but still all there, I have another example but there is no strap with it.
    Hope you like it.
    D
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German army bugle with shoulder strap.   German army bugle with shoulder strap.  

German army bugle with shoulder strap.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German army bugle with shoulder strap.
    P
    Many

Nice, do you know to play with it?
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

lebus12, thankfully for everyone else in the house I won't and can't play it.

A nice find and in very good condition, as old bugles are often in battered condition. I'm a former bugler so appreciate the type, very similar to the British bugle in b flat which was used from 1855. But I believe that was based on the German bugle. The ring attachment points are a major difference as is the way the German bugle was held in playing. The Germans held the bugle with the coiled pipe angled horizontally, rather than vertically in the British stance.

German army bugle with shoulder strap.German army bugle with shoulder strap.

For the dog
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Thanks for the addition of those pictures, they are great.
    D

?

Interesting piece, I could do with the strap

I have this one dated 1943, made of steel, grey painted

German army bugle with shoulder strap.German army bugle with shoulder strap.