Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German Backpack

Article about: Hi, What do you guys think of this German backpack? It appears to be named to a V Fischer and was manufactured in 1941 in Freiburg. My first impression is that it is authentic but would like

Default German Backpack

Hi,

What do you guys think of this German backpack? It appears to be named to a V Fischer and was manufactured in 1941 in Freiburg. My first impression is that it is authentic but would like to hear some opinions as I am not that familiar with German field gear.

Thanks,

Brian
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Backpack   German Backpack  

German Backpack   German Backpack  

German Backpack   German Backpack  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Backpack
    P
    Many

CBH
    ?

Did it come with the Y straps ? And are they marked ?
    The pack looks to be a good M1934 .
    Cheers Chris

A real one. If the shoulder straps come with it and it is a good price this is one to grab. NH

Yes, the pack came with the Y straps. The only mark I could find was on the hooks that said "UDEHA"? Is this model common?
    Thanks for the help.

Brian

Hello,
    What you have there is a M39 Tornister with front flap without fur and a pair of late war Y-straps (1943-45 production).
    There are genuine items.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

I'm sure we would all like to know how much this cost! Tragerriemen are getting harder to find and can be costly. NH

I received this backpack along with a bunch of other field gear and insignia from my uncle. I've been piecing through the items to figure out what's real and have been posting them here over the past few days. Still have a bunch more to have you guys look at. If you don't mind me asking, what is this backpack and y strap worth?

Thanks again for all of the help everyone.

Regards,

Brian

Brian, As is sometimes expressed here - this is not necessarily an appraisal site. However, I do think it is reasonable to offer some value information. Tornisters are pretty common and run around $125. Y-Straps are harder to find and run between $150 and $300 depending upon condition and marking. Others may chime in. And yes, we all want to see your other items. NH

Neil,

Thanks for the info. I appreciate you giving me a ballpark value as I was very curious and didn't want to rely on dealer prices which are usually inflated.

Brian

Just remember with these tornisters ( and haversacks ) that because they were not military specific or had any banned symbols that they could be put to practical uses. Post war hikers, school kids or similar certainly used them ( I work with a German who said they were commonplace in his youth ) and could well have added their name ...... just in case we think the writing is always from the ORIGINAL owner!!!

I remember wearing a 1951 battledress to school in the 1970s because it was cool to do so ( and wrote my name in it!!! )

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast