MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

German backpack need some information.

Article about: Hello guys, I'm offered this backpack. It's my first time buying these so I just wanted to ask if this one is okay and how much I would offer for it.

Default German backpack need some information.

Hello guys,

I'm offered this backpack.
    It's my first time buying these so I just wanted to ask if this one is okay and how much I would offer for it.

German backpack need some information.German backpack need some information.German backpack need some information.German backpack need some information.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German backpack need some information.
    P
    Many

I see these sell anywhere from $50-$70...The type shown is preferred as it has its own straps, rather than the type that requires Y-Straps to hook up to...There should be a prominent makers-mark and a date visible on the harness...These were made by the Swiss as well, btw...
    cheers, Glenn
    Last edited by bigmacglenn; 12-01-2013 at 11:07 PM.

Appears to be nice German cow hide pack as Glenn says there should be a maker mark and possibly a date on the leather strip possibly middle on the top of pack. I have seen some later ones with RBN NO and not makers name. timothy

I am not familiar with the way the straps are attached to the pack. It appears the leather is stitched to a metal ring type piece which is then held in place with the normal attaching lug. I normally encounter full length straps which have 3 or 4 holes in each strap depending upon the length required. This may just be a type I have not seen but its not what I would call normal.
    D.

To be honest I would pass on this one...

This is a M39 Tornister which should have the hooks to hang it in the Y-belt and not the straps (which belong on a M34 Tornister.
    Besides that, the straps are not the original straps that belong on a Tornister.....

just my opinion
    Tom
    Last edited by MP44tom; 12-02-2013 at 08:39 AM.

Thanks for the information guys, I appreciate it. I'll be passing on this one.

The guy is offering it for 40 euros, that's to much right?

Well, the straps don't bug me although they are oddly attached. It might take a little work but for 40 Euros I would get it and look for proper hardware. NH

Well, since you can get correct Tornisters for 40 - 60 euro I would pass, but it's your choice of course

Just my opinion....

Tom