Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

German bakelite lantern

Article about: I see these kind of lanterns and the Luftwaffe candle lanterns quite a bit on this website. Bunker Militaria. Pretty good website to deal with. Deals a lot with field gear.

Default Re: German bakelite lantern

Quote by cricketchris1944 View Post
    Thank you for the info.You can get some good deals in Europe.
    Good deals in Europe? If you see the prices for items being sold from the US are much cheaper than the ones being sold from European members. For example if a KM badge is offered from a US seller for $200, a European seller will be trying to sell it for 200 euros. Much difference if you make the conversion. Especially German sellers have the highest prices.
    Excellent lantern btw
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German bakelite lantern
    P
    Many

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello,
    You've made a very good deal, congrats...
    $600 is just crazy for such an item, i wish i had a few for sale to american collectors (only kidding).
    Here are two photos of the Karbid container, made of the same brown bakelite than the lantern.
    Attachment 164938Attachment 164939
    So now I know what that box is for .The one I have was found at the pointe du hoc at the entrance of the main bunker.

Chris : mine was also found in Normandy...

Donkihotis7 : there are good deals for some items that don't seem to be very interesting or very desirable from the other side of the ocean, but when it comes to KM insignia/awards, SS uniforms or headgear or Pz items, price go up like crazy...and even more when they're named with full story and traceability...

At a militaria fair in Southern France, i rencently bought a mint Paktasche 40 with the rare connexion device that link it to the saddle, it was used by mounted personel to carry their stuff when on foot.
    When i asked the seller 'how much?", he did murmur the price "60 euro" like if he had regrets to ask so much...i paid the price, too happy to find such a rare and well preserved item. Two weeks ago, i was looking around on the Internet, going from dealer site to dealer site and i found a Paktasche 40 for sale...it was in less good condition than mine, lacking the linking device and was for sale for around $600 also....so...and both sold by dealers, one european, one american....
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Chris : mine was also found in Normandy...

Donkihotis7 : there are good deals for some items that don't seem to be very interesting or very desirable from the other side of the ocean, but when it comes to KM insignia/awards, SS uniforms or headgear or Pz items, price go up like crazy...and even more when they're named with full story and traceability...

At a militaria fair in Southern France, i rencently bought a mint Paktasche 40 with the rare connexion device that link it to the saddle, it was used by mounted personel to carry their stuff when on foot.
    When i asked the seller 'how much?", he did murmur the price "60 euro" like if he had regrets to ask so much...i paid the price, too happy to find such a rare and well preserved item. Two weeks ago, i was looking around on the Internet, going from dealer site to dealer site and i found a Paktasche 40 for sale...it was in less good condition than mine, lacking the linking device and was for sale for around $600 also....so...and both sold by dealers, one european, one american....
    Thanks
    Hi Philip i agree that what i said above is not an unbreakable rule. There are exceptions as well. But i believe the example you referred to above is not so common. Besides, finding stuff from dealer's sides are much more expensive than finding them in flea markets or fairs. Recently i purchased from USA a KM High Seas on a rather good conditon, zinc material for $335. The next day i found another one almost the same from a European seller at 350 euros.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

I like going to France and Germany to the little farm town that have fleamarkets always good stuff at nice price.
    last time I got a M1 garand barrel and triger for 5 euro also a German K98 bayonet for 5 euro.I was looking for helmets but no luck.

Could I see a picture of the carbine container.
    I paid 80$ for the lantern plus 20$ chipping so 100$ from Europe.
    The reason I was asking about the price is because I have seen them here in the US for 600$ and up crasy.
    600 bucks?That's plain crazy!

Hello,
    Chris : there's still plenty of things from the war that are waiting in cellars, barns, attics everywhere where the german army has fought. Concerning France, you can find items in each area as the country was occupied, but of course Normandy, Alsace-Lorraine and the valley of the river Rhone are the most interesting areas to find battle relics.

donkihotis7 : it's called capitalism, free market, or greed in collector's term...everybody is free to ask what he wants for an item...that's the buyer's responsability to buy or not...

Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

I am always looking for stuff in Europe but would like to go to Norway and some Eastern Europeen regions

Could I see a picture of the carbine container.
    I paid 80$ for the lantern plus 20$ chipping so 100$ from Europe.
    The reason I was asking about the price is because I have seen them here in the US for 600$ and up crasy.
    Hi there, You got a great deal. Your lantern appears to be in great shape, with the hanging hook and black-out inserts I've seen them go for $150.-$200. not shipped. I have one of each. The bakelite, the steel (sand color) and the Luftwaffe aluminum candle lantern. They look great displayed next to each other. Anyway great find. I just love this stuff. Tim

Quote by WASISTLOS View Post
    Hi there, You got a great deal. Your lantern appears to be in great shape, with the hanging hook and black-out inserts I've seen them go for $150.-$200. not shipped. I have one of each. The bakelite, the steel (sand color) and the Luftwaffe aluminum candle lantern. They look great displayed next to each other. Anyway great find. I just love this stuff. Tim
    Welcome to the forum.
    I got it display in my room. looks great very happy with it.
    Would like to see the one you have.

Chris

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast