Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German breadbag

Article about: Is this a ww2 one of post war the drk stamp is fake i now but the rest?

Default German breadbag

Is this a ww2 one of post war the drk stamp is fake i now but the rest?

German breadbagGerman breadbagGerman breadbagGerman breadbag

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German breadbag
    P
    Many

No problem with the double compardment is that normal some say post war?

Absolutely post war, DDR as far as I know

Tom

Here is one of my authentic WW II brot bags, I'm not saying this was the only one, just that this one is authentic. It's possible that the DDR ones had that funny type of Aluminum button but for what it's worth mine was a bring back by an American vet, (per his widow). BTW mine is always up for a trade if you have something of interest. Cheers.
    Fastfeet
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German breadbag   German breadbag  

nice bag your bag has also 2 compardments?

Well, I have two bags but could only find one. Yes, they both have two compartments. Recently I was at a militaria show in Dallas and all the bread bags I saw were exactly like mine and there were more than a few. Best.
    Fastfeet

Have to agree with Tom numbers are DDR or Bw as both used this type usually DDR had numbers or later Mdl in them Not to be confused with a RBN Number I have no idea on the Drk both East and West German had Drk organization. Some WW1 and early Weimer bags had the divider wartime ones did not. Check out Tom's MP44 equipment site or in JP german field gear book he shows what to look for and the construction of them. Hard to explain in a few lines. timothy

Here a few of mine (early war u/i late war)

There is a lot of difference between makers, but one thing is clear: NO deviders

also there are other features on post war breadbags : width of the leather tabs

Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German breadbag  

Quote by fastfeet View Post
    Here is one of my authentic WW II brot bags, I'm not saying this was the only one, just that this one is authentic. It's possible that the DDR ones had that funny type of Aluminum button but for what it's worth mine was a bring back by an American vet, (per his widow). BTW mine is always up for a trade if you have something of interest. Cheers.
    Fastfeet
    Hello Fastfeet

Yours is missing the 2 D-rings on the back to attach the bread bag strap.....

And I don't know about the price you put on the little note, but 225 $ looks a little bit overpriced to be honest
    Normally bread bags go for 40 - 75 $ unless its a special one like the M44 bread bag......

Tom

Quote by MP44tom View Post
    Yours is missing the 2 D-rings on the back to attach the bread bag strap...
    Hello.
    I am wondering if they are missing ( I cannot see any traces of the stitching ) or if they simply never were there.
    If so this is a feature seen on early DDR bread bags, which could explain why they have a divider that shouldn't be there. It would have been interesting to see that bag from the front to check how the flap was assembled and how the buttonholes on the belt loops looked like.
    Regarding the fact that the post-war bags have wider leather tabs than the ones from WW2 I must admit that in most cases it is true, but not always.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast