Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German camo net....did they stamp them?

Article about: I have had 2 lots of this netting, and the first lot was removed by the man I got it from. He removed it from the front of a bunker where it was covering the gun!!!! Maybe its multi function

Default German camo net....did they stamp them?

I don't think I have asked the question before or shown the photo's...... sorry if I have.

I know that the Nazi regime stamped everything that was produced during the time they were around, but did they stamp camo net? Well unless I had seen it with my own eyes I would have said you had to be joking...... but yes they did as you can see in the pictures.
    A few years ago I was lucky enough to visit one of the older scrap metal dealers on the Island and every now and again they would dig something out of the loft. On one occasion I spied a small number of string style camo nets. I knew immediately what they were because only a few months before I had bought a couple of similar pieces from an old boy who had taken them from a bunker on the Island. I grapped the nets that were on the shelf and asked if they had any more. I came away with in excess of 30 pieces. When I got home I started to look at them and then I noticed the labels all stamped up. I really could not believe what I was seeing, I found it so amusing that they stamped them and still smile even today at the thought.
    I don't know how scarce or rare these nets are but they are the only ones I have ever seen anywhere. I am sure there must be more somewhere.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German camo net....did they stamp them?   German camo net....did they stamp them?  

German camo net....did they stamp them?   German camo net....did they stamp them?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German camo net....did they stamp them?
    P
    Many

Default Re: German camo net....did they stamp them?

I have never seen tags on them before,but the ones I have seen been used by the troops.
    So maybe thoses that were never used had tags.

Are you sure this is a helmet net ,this is very big?
    chris

Hi Chris,
    These were all previously used, they were well dirty. I had to lightly wash them or I could not have taken them indoors. The old scrap merchant has moved premises and so there are no more treasures to be found unfortunately.

Hi

That's an interesting bit of kit, the tag not the net ! Although original netting can't be sniffed at...fab find and thanks for showing, great piece of history given the provenance that comes with it.

cheers

tony

?

Very interesting.

I never saw this, perhaps to put on a piece of artillery....

Looks like some form of hammock-perhaps for storage inside a bunker?

Quote by lithgow View Post
    Looks like some form of hammock-perhaps for storage inside a bunker?
    I was thinking the other way around, to tie equipment down and to keep it together (Like they do on the backs of trucks and horses). Interesting piece!

Good ideas but they are camo net...you could tie as many or as few pieces together to cover/hide what ever you wanted and put twigs etc through the mesh.

A friend of me told me he saw one on a Fench Forum. Nobody can tell what it is.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast