Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

german canteen - Wehrmacht, SA or Hitler Youth?

Article about: Hi, i bought this canteen for 8 euro. Good deal? Can anyone tell me anything about it? The buttons are rusty and cant put off the felt. I didnt find any markings.

?

I have noticed there is a lack of a really good canteen threads available or I could be mistaken...
    I am actually looking for a RAD example at the moment among other things...G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement german canteen - Wehrmacht, SA or Hitler Youth?
    P
    Many

?

Hello!
    Your canteen is an SA model! 8 € was a robbery for that Yours has 3 silver colored rivet on it's back side, which were on the SA models on the leather sling. You won't find any markings at all, because political issued canteens in the early 1930's doesn't have as I know. The RZM ones have so.

This is my early Hitlerjugend canteen. I also haven't got any markings anywhere See the differences and similarities on the pictures:

german canteen - Wehrmacht, SA or Hitler Youth?german canteen - Wehrmacht, SA or Hitler Youth?german canteen - Wehrmacht, SA or Hitler Youth?german canteen - Wehrmacht, SA or Hitler Youth?german canteen - Wehrmacht, SA or Hitler Youth?german canteen - Wehrmacht, SA or Hitler Youth?

@xedos: Thx, but there are 4 buttons on the side. Are you sure that, its really SA? I had never seen a SA canteen before....

?

I'm 90% sure My HJ and my other canteens also have 4 press-buttons on the felt cover. That's normal.. And also normal thing is to have 3! button versions, which were made in the mid-end world war2, because they saved material like this, by putting 3 press-butons on felt covers not 4. Same situation/reason on the leather quality, screw-cap...

Here's an SA model: The Collector's Guild

Ok thank you! Best regards

?

You're welcome!

?

Quote by xedos6 View Post
    Hello!
    Your canteen is an SA model! 8 € was a robbery for that Yours has 3 silver colored rivet on it's back side, which were on the SA models on the leather sling. You won't find any markings at all, because political issued canteens in the early 1930's doesn't have as I know. The RZM ones have so.

This is my early Hitlerjugend canteen. I also haven't got any markings anywhere See the differences and similarities on the pictures:

german canteen - Wehrmacht, SA or Hitler Youth?german canteen - Wehrmacht, SA or Hitler Youth?german canteen - Wehrmacht, SA or Hitler Youth?german canteen - Wehrmacht, SA or Hitler Youth?german canteen - Wehrmacht, SA or Hitler Youth?german canteen - Wehrmacht, SA or Hitler Youth?
    Very nice example !

?

I found the older thread with my RZM marked canteens. SA or political as best I know. They are both marked 1934 with multiple stampings, could be the earlier canteens were marked.

RZM Marked Canteen

?

Yes, the RZM type canteens and other equipment were always marked. The early, not RZM type equipment were not. This is the reason, that our canteens are unmarked. My HJ canteen was 15,5€, and it's immaculate condition - I think I made a very good business.

I would like to show you guys my other canteens that I have & my HJ Tornister which was 40€:
    german canteen - Wehrmacht, SA or Hitler Youth?german canteen - Wehrmacht, SA or Hitler Youth?german canteen - Wehrmacht, SA or Hitler Youth?german canteen - Wehrmacht, SA or Hitler Youth?german canteen - Wehrmacht, SA or Hitler Youth?german canteen - Wehrmacht, SA or Hitler Youth?german canteen - Wehrmacht, SA or Hitler Youth?german canteen - Wehrmacht, SA or Hitler Youth?

?

Hello,
    i bought this one as S.A. canteen one year ago.
    Now i got a doubt.
    There is no mark.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast