Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

German "coconut" canteen

Article about: Hey guys simple question was "coconut canteen" was used during the North Afrika campaign? I think it was used more for southern Europe (Italy, Greeceā€¦ extra.) If you think it North

What is the story behind the many unmarked Coco- canteens that show up then and when? are they unmarked originals, or repros, or maybe earlier versions?
    This beautiful topic is rather complex..

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German "coconut" canteen
    P
    Many

Today i found this picture of the Eastern Front, it shows german soldiers in the muddy west-russian region of the river Wolchow in 1942..

The two canteens that can be seen on the soldiers look very much like those "DAK " Coconut Canteens to me
    Maybe i am mistaken, but i wanted to share this picture anyways..

German "coconut" canteen

What is the story behind the many unmarked Coco- canteens that show up then and when? are they unmarked originals, or repros, or maybe earlier versions?
    This beautiful topic is rather complex..
    You mean canteens with the "Alfurit" marking?

The two canteens that can be seen on the soldiers look very much like those "DAK " Coconut Canteens to me
    Maybe i am mistaken, but i wanted to share this picture anyways..
    Also good photo:

German "coconut" canteen

The key in images is to look for the cross strap. Because the 'cocos' had no felt cover there was nowhere to fit a loop to keep the vertical strap positioned - so the need for a cross strap.
    Even in the fuzziest of images this should be able to be seen.

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Morning everyone,
    if it can be helpful, here is an example of my collection, relic of the Italian Campaign, many details should be visible.

Regards
    Roberto

German "coconut" canteenGerman "coconut" canteenGerman "coconut" canteenGerman "coconut" canteenGerman "coconut" canteenGerman "coconut" canteenGerman "coconut" canteenGerman "coconut" canteen

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2