Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

German combat low boots with hobnails

Article about: Hi Everyone Please have a look on these boots,They are from Bulgaria,The seller said they are authentic German WWII combat low boots.But I don't know for what troop.There are markers WA1940

Default Re: German combat low boots with hobnails

Hi JPhilip & Canuck63
    I really appreciate your kind help,especially the valuable expertise from Canuck63.
    Actually I got them for around US$150.I don't know it's a good deal or not, The seller insisted they were "Authentic" German ones.
    Kevin

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German combat low boots with hobnails
    P
    Many

Hello Kevin,
    I would bet that a bulgarian collector or a person who collects bulgarian militaria would be happy to pay the price you paid for the boots.
    You should have looked around on the Internet to see how german ankle boots look like and what they're worth on the market prior to purchase this pair as german. You would have seen that $150 is far too cheap if you buy these from a collector.
    If you're lucky you can find a german pair for this price...at fleamarkets....not from collectors or dealers...

Try to find someone who could be interested in these for what they are...thru the Internet, it shouldn't be too hard....
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Quote by kevin710 View Post
    Hi Everyone
    Please have a look on these boots,They are from Bulgaria,The seller said they are authentic German WWII combat low boots.But I don't know for what troop.There are markers WA1940 and some unclear numbers on the soles.

Should I clean them or just keep them as they stand? What conditioner should I use,thanks again.

Any suggestion & comment will be appreciated.

Kevin
    these i believe are actually swiss mountain boots

Quote by waffenrock42 View Post
    these i believe are actually swiss mountain boots
    No they're not!

I just have one question, would these type of boots with the hob nails, and the metal half ring in the back be worn inside the office buildings, and by office workers, as i dont see these doing very good walking on marble type floors.

Mabe out in the field and such, but not for administration type duties.

Sorry for changing the subject, i have always wondered that...

Brian

Quote by Canuck63 View Post
    No they're not!
    sorry i only looked at the photo quickly but these remind me of swiss mountain boots. What could they be then?

Quote by waffenrock42 View Post
    sorry i only looked at the photo quickly but these remind me of swiss mountain boots. What could they be then?
    Most likely Bulgarian of WW2 vintage.Swiss Bergschuhe are quite different and could be frequently found on eBay.De sold as "Original WW2 WH Mountain Boots" , or as boots for re-enactors!
    Cheers
    Manny

Quote by blackheart0866 View Post
    I just have one question, would these type of boots with the hob nails, and the metal half ring in the back be worn inside the office buildings, and by office workers, as i dont see these doing very good walking on marble type floors.

Mabe out in the field and such, but not for administration type duties.

Sorry for changing the subject, i have always wondered that...

Brian
    Hi Brian,
    very good question!In fact walking with these hobnailed boots on marble type floors requires "practice" and a certain dose of "know-how" to avoid slipping every second step!Even on the field things are not much different when walking on cobblestones at least!I've got a very funny footage somewhere of a Luftwaffe flak crew hastily positioning a 20mm on the side of a paved road in Italy or Tunisia and two of the soldiers cannot stop the gun that has taken momentum and you can see them "water-skiing" on the road dragged by the carriage they were manhandling without being able to stop it!
    Even walking on rocky mountain trails with the bergschuhe is quite difficult,in fact in WWI the Germans (and not only them) developed supple leather shoes with thick felt soles to climb safely when the going got really steep...these shoes,quite rare,were used during WWII as well!
    HTH
    Manny

TROY
    ?

Hey!

Here is my eksemplar of SCNURSHUE, they are from north ,maybe operation BIRKE or Nordlicht.No markings are seen because very much used.

cheers
    Troy
    Norway
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German combat low boots with hobnails   German combat low boots with hobnails  

Welcome aboard Troy!Your low boots have certainly seen action...very nice and original!
    Cheers
    Manny

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast