Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

German cover for e-tool

Article about: What do ypu think about it?

Default German cover for e-tool

What do ypu think about it?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German cover for e-tool   German cover for e-tool  

German cover for e-tool   German cover for e-tool  

German cover for e-tool   German cover for e-tool  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German cover for e-tool
    P
    Many

Default Re: German cover for e-tool

i dont think that these are faked often or even at all.
    only thing is, any idea why its yellow?? and also, why is the date just one digit?

ian
    ?

hi unfortunately these spade covers ARE faked quite often ,heres one from the soldier of fortune sight , they are for sale all over the place ,and apear to be prety good fakes to , i dont know about the one you have shown ,but one of the guys here will,the waffen amt looks very fresh to me ,but wait for a better opinion ,cheers ian
    Attached Images Attached Images German cover for e-tool 

ian
    ?

here a tan one from the same sight cheers ian

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    i dont think that these are faked often or even at all.
    only thing is, any idea why its yellow?? and also, why is the date just one digit?
    Simply YOU ARE WRONG . They are faked ! The one which started this thread is one of the ugliest fake ( and one of the well known ) of original yellow, late war shovel cover !
    there were ORIGINAL YELLOW shovel covers . Germans started making them from 1943 till the end of war. You may see them on many of the period photos from 1944 and so on.

I CAN comment on the one digit date - MIAG - who made petrol canisters ( jerrycans ) dated their 1944 cans with just the one digit
    '4' - so maybe the single number on this one is valid also? ..... not something the fakers would figure out, I'm sure!
    BTW, the '7' is the batch number.
    Cheers, Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German cover for e-tool  

Quote by Danmark View Post
    I CAN comment on the one digit date - MIAG - who made petrol canisters ( jerrycans ) dated their 1944 cans with just the one digit
    '4' - so maybe the single number on this one is valid also? ..... not something the fakers would figure out, I'm sure!
    BTW, the '7' is the batch number.
    Cheers, Dan
    it is NOT valid. belive me; this is FAKE cover and fakers marking they products this way. Besides this ; maker who marked his product with 'fuq' code ( here it looks like fug ) , marked it in completely other way ( competely diffrent style of letters and digits ) and NEVER marked it with only one digit. other thing is WRONG waffen amt - the number for 'fuq' code should be completely diffrent.
    if any of you ever had an ORIGINAL yellow shovel cover or seen items marked it this code maker will understand my words very well.
    Overally ; materials ( which seem to be syntetic ) , way it was made , way it is marked say RUN AWAY from this chinese FAKE.

OK, Ok .... I was only commenting on my jerrycan ( which IS valid with one number ) because when I first saw it I thought it was wrong to only have one number for the date .... but since was told by a collector in France this was what MIAG did ( & was showed other ones the same - see photo )

So this cover is a fake - we must be VERY careful then ...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German cover for e-tool  

Hello Gentlemen,
    Litzmannstadt is right here, this cover is complete junk from A to Z...wrong materials, wrongs markings, wrong stitchings....all wrong, all bad...
    here's a genuine yellow cardboard shovel carrier...black and yellow carriers were produced in huge amounts between 1943 and 1945.
    date could be stamped in three ways : 1944, 44 or 4, depending of the manufacturer.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)