Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

German entrenching tools, original?

Article about: Hey there guys, I want to buy an entrenching tool. I have found someone who sells 2, and he has sent me some pictures. I have 0 experience with entrenching tools so I hope you guys can tell

Default German entrenching tools, original?

Hey there guys,
    I want to buy an entrenching tool. I have found someone who sells 2, and he has sent me some pictures. I have 0 experience with entrenching tools so I hope you guys can tell me if they are original German WW2 items.

Attachment 794465Attachment 794467Attachment 794466Attachment 794464Attachment 794463Attachment 794468Attachment 794462Attachment 794461Attachment 794460Attachment 794459

I hope you guys can help me out

Cheers,
    Remy

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German entrenching tools, original?
    P
    Many

Photos aren't good enough, friend...I would have to see a photo of the entire item, particularly where the wood and metal meet...IF there is a metal reinforcing ring around the shaft, then it is Swiss....I notice that all the photos avoid showing the exact spot I need to see...
    GLenn

Thank you for your quick reply Glenn! I will ask for more specific pictures. Will post them as soon as I got them.

Cheers!

Those look okay, would be nice to examine them for markings, as many nations imported German shovels or made them themselves...Here is a photo of the ones to stay away from...they are often advertised as WWII German, but they are Swiss...
    cheers, Glenn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German entrenching tools, original?  

Thanks a lot Glenn! The seller says that there are no markings on the leather or on the entrenching tool itself.

What do you think is a fair price for them?

Hello,
    both covers aren't WWII german. The second one looks NVA to me.
    The first shovel looks like WWI german
    The second shovel is WWII german...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

The only WW2 German shovel is the spot welded one. The rivets on the other would mean it was not WW2 German manufactured. All WW2 German straight shovel carriers did not have rivets.
    Steve

Thanks guys! I will pass on these.