Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

german equipment and American pickers AGAIN!!!!!

Article about: Just watched the latest episode of the 'pickers', I cannot believe the gear they find, this time it was a complete German mine detectors unit in its box with all accessories, marked up with

Crikey!! Her decolletage looks like the hood off the Smokey's Trans-Am, what say you fella's!!!
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement german equipment and American pickers AGAIN!!!!!
    P
    Many

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    The only good thing about that show is................................................ .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................Attachment 586462

I would pick that in a flash

And, again, they lied-even about her. She was supposed to be just a woman they had walk in looking for a job, but in reality, she was an old friend of Mike Wolfe that he had known for 10 years-she is an ex-roller derby star and a "burlesque dancer" that they brought in to "spice up the show" abit. In That aspect, it actually Worked...lol
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I really do not like when they say they are saving history ,they do not care about history they just want to make money.
    chris

?

One of the sader things about both shows, is I now see guys dressed like the Canadian Pickers, using the same terms, I have never used the word "bundle" when buying a group of items..god I hate both shows...now even worse is that show "diggers" what a couple of fools, again with the stupid terms. I have relic hunted for years, and no one I know talks or acts like that.

JMO

Dean

?

Wow the guy that gave her that multi coloured 'pearl necklace' must be very weird

I have to agree with what has been said here, and then I got sucked in to watch an episode of 'Diggers', two lunatics scratching around the US countryside with
    a metal detector, sadly the detector has a higher IQ than the operators....

Bob

Never watch TV after taking strong medication.....last night, I got to watching, for some unknown reason, Storage Wars...And here I thought that Pawn Stars and American Pickers couldn't be beaten for fakeness.....I was wrong...In the episode I was unfortunate to have watched, a woman opened a bag and found a bunch of old coins in it. Silver dollars, proof sets,stacks of vintage paper money...you name it...they were all in there. She took them to a coin shop to be evaluated. The guy was looking through the proof sets and said "Here's a 1955! That's 75 dollars right there!" and I noticed he was holding up a green leather folding case presentation style set-like they have today for Prestige Sets. Uhh....they only had soft plastic proof sets in 1955, and they came in a brown paper envelope-not a leather case. Another guy standing by the woman when she found the stash picked up some of the silver dollars and said "A 1948 Canadian Silver dollar!" Then he "looked it up" on his I-Pad and gave her the news "Well, they're selling anywhere from 23 dollars to 2100....". Again...the Canadian 1948 was a Horrendously low mintage dollar-only 18,780 were made. For all sakes and purposes, basically none. Even in worn out slug condition with a Hole drilled in it, it would not be selling for "$23"..I once had a proof set of the entire year...sorry, not swallowing it....Oddly enough, the expert guy in the coin shop did not even Mention this 1948 dollar... I've pretty much come to the conclusion that there is no such thing as a "Reality Show" at All out there...they are All actors pretending to be doing what they hope are interesting things. It's like "Survivor"....at first everyone got sucked into believing it was real....until someone happened to wonder where was the Film crews that were filming all this-even at night? "Sorry guys, I know you're desperately hungry and starving, but I have to film you even as I'm sitting here drinking my coffee and eating my sandwich"....uh huh....no problem, guy....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

My father has know a military collector that they picked and he said that they paid them in full and there were no games, but I heard of another man they just wanted to go around and show all of his stuff on tv most of the show I believe is set up

CBH
    ?

I remember a time when the Discovery Channel and the History Channel , had science and history on them ! Now it's mostly shit , the Red Necking of America is in full swing . Why does a moonshine show even exist ! Let alone the gold miners , car and duck call shows ! It is sad

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast