MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German Field Dressings

Article about: Good info Jphillip, thanks. That's a decent score Dan, seven in 1 go is great. Such a pity they are faked now days but I guess most things are. Jason

Default German Field Dressings

Some of you may know I tend to go for some of the more different things occasionally and one such area are field dressings. I always wanted one and now I have 3! The first 2 I got were dated 1945, both large and small versions. The third one I got more recently and is marked 1939 and is still wrapped in its twine. I know I wont be able to stop, actually spotted a 1944 today that I have my eye on.

I also have an Aussie Johnson & Johnson 1943 shell dressing and a Russian Field Dressing from 1944 (shown in Soviet forum)

Anyone else have or collect these?

Cheers
    Jason
    German Field DressingsGerman Field DressingsGerman Field DressingsGerman Field DressingsGerman Field DressingsGerman Field DressingsGerman Field Dressings

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Field Dressings
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: German Field Dressings

i have not actually bought any yet but i have had my eye on a couple at an antique shop out by my mother in-laws house..............was not sure what a good price would be for them and the guy wants 30 bucks a pop for them so i have not broke down and purchased them yet. i still like the looks of them though and was contemplating putting together a field med kit.

Just had a look to see what I got these in for, got the 1945 small for $19, the 1945 large for $24 and the 1939 for $22 (all prices include postage) so $30 isnt to far out of the park for them. They look great in a display with other field pieces

Nice bandages like the 1939 dated one, still need to get me some. They go great with feldbluses

I like the 45 dated ones, I haven't owned anything German at that year
    I have a couple I think 40 & 43 dated
    Last edited by reneblacky; 08-25-2012 at 07:42 AM. Reason: added text

?

Quote by VolksJager View Post
    Just had a look to see what I got these in for, got the 1945 small for $19, the 1945 large for $24 and the 1939 for $22 (all prices include postage) so $30 isnt to far out of the park for them. They look great in a display with other field pieces
    kool maybe i will break down and purchase them the next time i am out there............not sure what the dates on them were but i will post them when i grab them

I was mistaken as I haven't played with these for a long while, I have two 43's small and a undated large

Nice dressing packs Rene, like the 1943 with the twine.

I am gonna focus on the 1944/45 equipment from now on, really like the appeal of the last ditch items. Trouble is, its not the cheapest to buy and not so easy to come across.

Jason

Hello,
    Nice field dressings everyone, congrats....i think i do own like twelwe of them, dated from 1934 to 1944.
    The ones that are wrapped in the thin cloth with string were meant for the Feldbluse, the other ones were meant for medical pouches or boxes, like the Verbandkasten...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

HI all, I just picked up SEVEN! in one go on Ebay for 30Euros ...... they are on their way over here. I'll put up some pix when they arrive. BuY in lots if you can ( they do surface this way sometimes )
    Dan

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast