Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

german goggles

Article about: anybody shed any light on these, post war I presume as no makers mark, but what would they have been for? many thanks in advance!!

Default german goggles

anybody shed any light on these, post war I presume as no makers mark, but what would they have been for?
    many thanks in advance!!
    german gogglesgerman goggles

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement german goggles
    P
    Many

I had such a set years ago...International Military Antiques was selling these as WWII French-produced Goggles for the German Army...I remember these actually have real glass lenses...
    cheers, Glenn

?

Ive seen these advertised as being Swiss goggles, but dont take my word for it.

Snow goggles from what I know, gebirgsjager. I have a pair very similar on my avatar helmet. Mine has an ink eagle/swastika stamp on the frame.

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    International Military Antiques was selling these as WWII French-produced Goggles for the German Army...I remember these actually have real glass lenses...
    cheers, Glenn
    Quote by Scout View Post
    Ive seen these advertised as being Swiss goggles, but dont take my word for it.
    Thankyou guys, you've helped push me in the right direction!!
    my only problem now is that I have found only two images that are very similar..... one is listed as French and the other as swiss!!!

example A (French)
    german goggles
    This is listed as " a nice pair of WWII French Goggles. These were found on a German helmet but it's hard to say specifically if they were worn on the German helmet during the WWII period"

example B (swiss)
    german goggles
    this set is listed as "Swiss Army Goggles - These are the same type of goggles that Sir Edmund Hillary wore when he climbed Mount Everest I have three pair in a white aluminum for use above the snow line I have two pair in olive drab green for use below the snow line. Hillary, of course, had shaded lenses in the goggles he used"

they are very common and I have seen them for around 20 bucks or less, swiss snow goggles is what I have heard but I have mine displayed on a german lid and they look fine.

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    I had such a set years ago...International Military Antiques was selling these as WWII French-produced Goggles for the German Army...I remember these actually have real glass lenses...
    cheers, Glenn
    I got a pair from IMA too they sold them as GJ goggles made in occupied France You can see many period pictures of mountain GJ wearing them. German's produced and used a lot of foreign goggles. Those are ok and getting harder to find. timothy

Many thanks everyone for your time, thoughts and knowledge!!