Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

German goggles

Article about: Hi there gents, I´m conducting a historical project around the German transition camp in Hanko S Finland. During my research I was presented with these goggles by a local who as a kid had go

Jan
    ?

Default German goggles

Hi there gents, I´m conducting a historical project around the German transition camp in Hanko S Finland. During my research I was presented with these goggles by a local who as a kid had gotten them in exchange for something from a soldier in the camp. What kind of goggles are these? All help welcome!

Best,

Jan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German goggles  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German goggles
    P
    Many

I have a similar pair that are Grey in colour..i believe they are motorcycle goggles...Yours look like Tropical ones..these look ok from that photo,but i have seen some fake ones recently

MAP
    ?

Check out this site. All the way at the bottom, he is offering these. They are classified as infantry dust googles. Color is grey instead of tan. All in all, I think these were used for different purposes but not sure of their official designation.

Helmetssale

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

Think Wizardman had the correct designation. I did some searching and seen them called Kradbrille / Motorradbrille so most likely identified as for motorcyclist. That said I think they were used for other purposes as well.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I am pretty sure these were used by anybody that could get their hands on them that needed them.
    Who they were issued to is likely a different story.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

General purpose standard issue goggles to all combatants usually come in a vinyl ersatz pouch. I have several pairs of them I don't think the color makes much difference I have seen in all colors on all fronts gray ones are the most encountered. timothy

Same pair different case. timothy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German goggles   German goggles  

German goggles