Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

German gurttrommels!

Article about: Hello forum members! I would like your opinion on this gurtrommel holder and the gurttrummels! 1 gurttrommel seems to almost never used, while others are clearly more used! The color looks d

Default German gurttrommels!

Hello forum members!

I would like your opinion on this gurtrommel holder and the gurttrummels! 1 gurttrommel seems to almost never used, while others are clearly more used! The color looks dark (grey) green field i think ral 6009!
    I think postwar paintwork ''i think'' but iam not sure!
    My question is this original color pre WWII or is it post-war? What was the original color, these drums were again provided by soldiers from a paint or a layer tarn?

Sorry for the bad pictures, it was to sunny here!

Thank you!

Gurttrummel 1.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German gurttrommels!   German gurttrommels!  

German gurttrommels!   German gurttrommels!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German gurttrommels!
    P
    Many

Default Re: German gurttrommels!

Gurttrommel 2
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German gurttrommels!   German gurttrommels!  

German gurttrommels!  

I heard from another forum, this is a original color German 43-45!
    These drums were delivered to a contract agreement portuguese

Hi Pieter,
    in my opinion the color is not original and brush-applied!When something's not clear usually "experts" tend to involve this or that "Portuguese contract"...I have in my collection a few sets of complete gurttrommeltragers which were actually used by the Portuguese Army after the War and they were painted with a water-based paint darn close to the Panzergrau.Once the paint was carefully removed the color underneath showed and it was the typical "Schlamm" (mud) color used from 1943 onwards.
    As a side not the vast majority of these drums were left in the red oxide rust-preventive primer inside and white arrows indicating the right direction the ammo belts had to be rolled up.