Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

German Latewar boots

Article about: Hello all i will be purchasing the last ditch german boots. What do you guys think. Any opinions before i buy them?

Default German Latewar boots

Hello all i will be purchasing the last ditch german boots. What do you guys think. Any opinions before i buy them?German Latewar bootsGerman Latewar bootsGerman Latewar boots

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Latewar boots
    P
    Many

Default Re: German Latewar boots

seller says " This is a pair of late war boots issues to troops in non-critical areas. Some folks believe these were for concentration camp issue, however they were getting far less then this.

One account of this type of army issue was on a documentary on the History channel. A vet told a story, and the key detail to set the story up was describing these boots. The punch line is that he and his nervous buddies opened up on an unfortunate wandering horse late one night in a small french town.

A gentleman I visit on a regular basis was a boy in Czechoslovakia and told me of the garrisoned troops near his home taking these and "donating" their good boots to the troops on the Russian front, and how mad the soldiers would get at the kids for laughing at the sound of the wooden soles on the street.

As always guaranteed 100% original"

A few years ago,while still a member back at the sh##house I posted quite a few pairs of last di... (feel sorta like Arthur Fonzarelli when he couldn't quite get the word "wrong" to come forth from his mouth. when it comes to saying teerms like last d-d-d...or textb-b-b..)...very late-War ankle boots that many "self respecting collectors" wouldn't have touched with a ten-foot pole,yet they had been found where the German had left them 50 years before!
    These boots could be anything and I sure wouldn't buy them....I'll happily with my humble collection of WW2 German footwear,made of military boots that do look like military boots!
    When in dire straits (and even during the "glory days") the German pressed into action all kind of footwear,from Italian "Scarponcini per Truppe Alpine" to Commonwealth patterns,especially in North Africa,where their canvas and leather boots weren't very protective and supportive on rocky terrain covered with camel thorn!
    Good luck with your purchase....
    Cheers
    Manny
    Last edited by Canuck63; 02-12-2011 at 09:46 PM.

I would not buy them as military boots.

But they are interesting for what they are.

Cheers, Ade.

I do not think that most collectors would want them.
    I know I would not.

Quote by waffenrock42 View Post
    seller says " This is a pair of late war boots issues to troops in non-critical areas.

Hello,
    Were there non-critical areas late in the war where german troops were waiting for the enemy in red wooden soled shoes ?
    I'm not as sure as the seller
    Save your money
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

These look like a pair my girlfriend saw at a "Bata" shop.
    I agree with previous posts, i would not buy these.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

?

Never seen anything like it...right or wrong I wouldnt touch them! Sorry

Regards, Edwin

These shoes have been around on evilBay for quite a while..at first they were labelled as shoes for prisoners of concentration camps (yeah...tell it to my hand!Those poor souls were lucky to be left alive one more day...let alone creating a new style of footwear just for them!),then they became shoes for KAPOS/GUARDS inside the same camps,now they're " late war boots issues to troops in non-critical areas "!In the past twenty-plus years (thirty reminds me that I'm nearly 50 so....) I've found/collected an incredible number of WW2 footwear used by the Germans but I've never seen anything like that.As far as we know they could even be some kind of special shoes made for the KriegsMarine but IMHO they're just some kind of East-European clogs found by the hundreds stored in some warehouse.
    Leave them to some gullible soul and look for an original pair of low boots,no matter their condition
    ...they may be not be thick on the ground nowadays,and quite expensive,but purchasing these would translate into throwing your hard-earned away!
    My 2 kopecs!
    Manny

As a side note....no strings...only two straps and buckles!I wouldn't like to run for my life on these with an Allied soldier shooting at me in hanger!