Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German Map Case? Odd Badge on it, can anyone ID either?

Article about: On my early morning rounds I picked up a couple of Great Items, one I have never had for my WW1 Collection, and among other items, this Map case. Well as you can see someone put an odd badge

?

Default German Map Case? Odd Badge on it, can anyone ID either?

On my early morning rounds I picked up a couple of Great Items, one I have never had for my WW1 Collection, and among other items, this Map case. Well as you can see someone put an odd badge on the top, shows lots of wear, and in the top of the inside, it looks to have a place to "mount a Compass". I can find no marks on the case, the map in the case is cut down from a larger original map, however the fellow I bought it from said it came with the case, but that means little these days.

Now I know nothing about this, however looking at it, and having been in the army for 10 years, I see a few things, first, the strap is not strong enough for this to be used as a Marching map case. But looking at the way the compass would mount in the case, I would think it was done so you could use this with one hand...is this perhaps ( and heres a long long shot) a pre-war HJ glider pilots???

Just a Guess.

Also, is the badge real or not, it has been on there for a long time and shows wear, if it is some sort of real badge, regardless of what it is for, can someone enlighten me as to what it might be.

Thank you guys as you have always come through for me in the past, and I always try to say thank you, I can only help others in fields that I have knowledge in, and I hate to keep asking for info on this sort of thing, however we are all in this together!!! LOL

Dean O
    Canada

German Map Case?  Odd Badge on it, can anyone ID either?German Map Case?  Odd Badge on it, can anyone ID either?German Map Case?  Odd Badge on it, can anyone ID either?German Map Case?  Odd Badge on it, can anyone ID either?German Map Case?  Odd Badge on it, can anyone ID either?German Map Case?  Odd Badge on it, can anyone ID either?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Map Case?  Odd Badge on it, can anyone ID either?
    P
    Many

I believe this to be a Russian Map Case...
    cheers, Glenn

I agree with Glenn,Germanised with a strange luftwaffe badge.

?

Thanks Guys ( not really!!!! LOL), so I bought a dud again!!! Everyone thinks that I only find really good bits, but this is the cost of collecting, some you win, some you lose..and I have always been willing to go a bit father and tack a chance, I would guess that's why I do find some good stuff

Thanks again

Dean O

it maybe a captured item taken by a German officer.

Badge looks odd, Finnish perhaps?
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

I dont think its Finnish maybe from Norway?

Quote by kradman View Post
    I dont think its Finnish maybe from Norway?
    That part of the world is what springs to mind.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

There was a similar shaped eagle badge (minus swastika) a few days ago. I'll try to find the thread.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Thanks Guys, I did a search for those Countries and could not find anything quite like it...Burned again!! LOL

Dean

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast