Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

German mess kit war time or not

Article about: My friend found in the attic about 10 of them, does they continued to produce them postwar or it's a real war time example?

and finally, the configuration for early design messkits. The edge does touch the body of the lid and is perfectly rounded...
    Here on a HRE41 messkit

On the messkit that opened this thread, one can clearly see that the head of the pin and the edge of the lid are not the ones usually seen on prewar or wartime messkits.
    Thanks

German mess kit war time or not

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German mess kit war time or not
    P
    Many

Thumbs up

Sadly, I can't comment on the original item in this thread, but I'd like to thank JPhilip for providing a fascinating tutorial on messkit detailing. I know that I'll be referring back to it.

CBH
    ?

Yes thank you for the informative and detailed reply.

So these remain a mystery then?

?

Thank you for you kind answer. It's a really strange mess kit. If I'd will see it without the cardboard box and packing, I'll be thinking it's a modern repro
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Dav
    ?

Quote by Dimas View Post
    Thank you for you kind answer. It's a really strange mess kit. If I'd will see it without the cardboard box and packing, I'll be thinking it's a modern repro
    Is there a chance you could look back at previous occupants of the house and see if any of them were owners or workers at War Time equipment factories? Maybe one of the previous owners was a worker at one.

Hello.
    I accidentally came across this topic and I think I might have found something rather similar to these intriguing mess kits here :

The Joy of Field Rations: A Mess Tin Primer, Part II

The pin of the handle seems pretty close, and the mess kit is said to be an early Cold War romanian example...

I have seen something similar but in black paint. They were packed the same way. No markings, no dates. Seller had no idea if they were late war or post war. Neil

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2