Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

German odd thing help!!!

Article about: bought this boxed German hydrometer kit in auction what the bloody hell is it for please??? Parachute has been said also met office luft and army artillery who knows please

Default German odd thing help!!!

German odd thing help!!! bought this boxed German hydrometer kit in auction what the bloody hell is it for please??? Parachute has been said also met office luft and army artillery who knows please
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German odd thing help!!!   German odd thing help!!!  

German odd thing help!!!   German odd thing help!!!  

German odd thing help!!!   German odd thing help!!!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German odd thing help!!!
    P
    Many

Dav
    ?

I think you answered your own question, you said you purchased a "Boxed hydrometer kit" which is what it looks to be- a hydrometer kit in a box. A hydrometer is "an instrument used for measuring the relative density of liquids based on the concept of buoyancy". So it's used for measuring density of a liquid, basically. Whether or not this is German, I don't know. I can't see any obvious markings, nor anything that suggests it is military issue. Some closeups of the paper work or any markings or dates you could find would help us.

I don't think it's a hydrometer, rather, a barometer. You can see the details of the air pressure as measured in 1943. The hand written figures show a positive/negative improvement in air pressure at each stage when the readings were taken. In short, it's a meteorological instrument.
    Last edited by thecyclist64; 04-23-2019 at 03:15 PM. Reason: additional comment

?

It is a Psychrometer,I thought everyone knew that?....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German odd thing help!!!  
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

The prufschein/ test certificate says it's a Dosenbarometer, or has he bought several items?

The poles go with the weather vane/windfahne,

looks like a portable weather station.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.